PDA

View Full Version : HKS turbo timer type 0 malfunction on st165

shreddr69
05-09-2012, 09:08 PM
So I have ANOTHER wiring issue with my HKS turbo timer. I bought the harness plugged everything in double checked all my connections and the thing works intermittently. I thought it was the timer itself but I got another one and the same problem occurs. All connections are solid, ground is good but every other time the thing just doesn't keep the engine running. All the accessories stay on and the timer counts down but the engine stops. This defeats the purpose and if I can't figure it out I may as well just remove the timer but it'd be nice to have. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and what you did to solve it. I have replaced the ebrake switch twice and as I said all connections are tight. Thanks for any help....

shreddr69
05-09-2012, 09:30 PM
an example of the problem is, I turned it on and off about 7 times worked right every time, counts down correctly, stalled out with the ebrake switch every time then I'll let it run for 5 minutes or more, shut it down, engine dies while accessories stay on and timer counts down the ebrake switch does nothing and my blood pressure goes through the roof. Again, I have used 3 different ebrake switches, 1) the original, 2) and 3) from the wrecking yard. I guess it is possible I have 3 faulty switches but highly unlikely. Anyone know how to test one of those single wire ebrake safety switches?

4thgenceli
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
So take the e-brake out of the loop and try again.

shreddr69
05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Done and it does the same thing.... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

shreddr69
05-24-2012, 01:13 AM
tried another unit and it turns out my original unit was faulty. Dude on ebay must have had a bad batch of em'....