PDA

View Full Version : She loves me...She loves me not

joe's gt
04-27-2012, 06:42 AM
After years of bursting coolant hoses and leaving me randomly stranded on the road, I finally found a clogged oil cooler that was causing all my problems. I finally thought she was going to be reliable.

Ran fine for almost 6 months. Then a thermostat sticks closed and leaves me stranded and I use a AAA tow to get home.

Drives fine for another 6 months.

Now I have had to use 2 AAA tows in the last 6 days. Clutch master cylinder went and left me stranded on 4/20. And distributor cap and rotor took a dump and left me stranded on 4/26.

I try to treat her right with regular oil changes and maintenance.
High maintenance, ungrateful b*tch is what she is.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Asian girls in California always flake.

CollapsedNut
04-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I woulda drove home with no clutch.... Just sayin

joe's gt
04-28-2012, 05:49 AM
I woulda drove home with no clutch.... Just sayin

I had to go down streets with tons of street lights in order to get home. So once I was in neutral, I was screwed. When I pressed the clutch pedal in, it would stick to the floor and take like 5 sec to come back up. It was impossible not to stall the car out.

Luni
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Thats why you shut the car off and start it in gear :)

Ive had to do that before.

joe's gt
05-02-2012, 06:56 AM
So it ended up not being the distributor cap and rotor after all.

This (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?55914-Stumped-!!!) is what the last tow turned into.

MrWOT
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Thats why you shut the car off and start it in gear :)

Ive had to do that before.

Werd.

I lost the slave cyl in my SVO driving from merced to angels camp once, had to drive it 40+ miles with no clutch, luckily only a few stop signs, one got me with cross traffic and I had to stop and bypass the clutch safety. Man the starter made a horrible racket getting that thing going, every car at the nearby intersection was staring at me :ugh: Akward....

SubrinaIsMyCar
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
She loves you not!