PDA

View Full Version : 92 All Trac outer rocker panels

Nitro_Alltrac
04-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Hey Aaron,

Is there any chance that the outer rocker panels are still available for the 92 All Trac. I'm really looking for the left side if it's available.

Aaron Willis
04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
The left side (61402-20360) is discontinued. Right side (61401-20360) is still available.

This is according to TMS-USA. Since you are in Texas, you might want to check those numbers with a local dealership for two reasons. One, sheetmetal is a nightmare to ship safely. Two, your dealership draws from Gulf States warehouses, and they might have different inventory than we do.

Murgatroy
04-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Would this part number be the same across all trim levels, or specific to the ST185?

Aaron Willis
04-25-2012, 11:19 PM
They're specific to the 185, though I don't know what makes them different, nor what it would take to use ST184 widebody panels. Those (61401-20330 and 61402-20330) are also discontinued...dead end, I guess, unless you find either aftermarket patch panels or a human being who still knows how to work sheetmetal.

Good used parts cut from a rust free car in a dry state are also an option.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks Aaron. I'll check the locals and see what they come up with.

I'm surprised that the ST184 has different number. I would have thought those were the same. I've found a couple of GTS's in the pick n pulls with good rockers (things don't rust much here in south Texas) but they have disappeared before I could get the rockers cut off. Damn ST's will sit for years but the GTS's disappear quick. Not sure why seeing that they don't sell whole cars and they are there long enough to be stripped completely.

And Murg the difference, as far as I can see, is that the ST185 & 184's have a cut out on the back of the rocker for the plastic panel to fit into. I'm not sure why Toyota did this on the wide bodies because there's no reason why they couldn't have run the rocker all the way down to the wheel opening like on the narrow bodies.

If you're looking for rockers for Chaos, I might be able to find used ones here. There are a LOT of coupes in the yards here.