PDA

View Full Version : HF Portable Abrasive Blaster

cklamp
04-19-2012, 04:12 AM
http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-abrasive-blaster-kit-37025.html

So far i've only put some Soda media through it to work on my boat, but this thing rocks so far. Some child's play sand and it should make a great sand blaster for metal parts, etc.

Facime commented you can make one real easy, but this goes on sale quite often for 32$ or so, add in a 20-25% off coupon and it's cheaper than my time is worth seeing as I have more projects than time left in this life time...

Later
C

GT4SOM
10-19-2012, 05:43 PM
A friend of mine let me borrow his to sand blast some wheels. I've been weary on using it because he says the sand will go all over the place (I've never sand blasted). I was thinking of making some sort of cabinet to keep the sand from flying all over the place. Any suggestions?

Doowstados
10-19-2012, 07:57 PM
A friend of mine let me borrow his to sand blast some wheels. I've been weary on using it because he says the sand will go all over the place (I've never sand blasted). I was thinking of making some sort of cabinet to keep the sand from flying all over the place. Any suggestions?

I've used an old shed (a small 4x4x6). Make sure you use a respirator, it'll destroy your lungs.

Lonestag
10-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Interested, continue elaboration please.

819_ay
10-21-2012, 02:17 AM
it looks like a fairly good product, with only 7$ shipping to canada ,would be practical but like GT4SOM said it would be better to make some sort of box so the sand doesn't get all over the place...