PDA

View Full Version : Hoarding....

temperacerguy
04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
OK, so for the past few years I have been hoarding things for my big ST185 build...

This is just the vehicle specific parts... The speciality/specific tools such as press/vacuum pumps/AC manifold or generic parts like AL or SS piping/clamps/silicone, or the rolls of fiberglass/Kevlar/Carbon fiber or tubes of bent and straight Stainless tubing are not pictured...

Now, the room is not "Pink" it's "Enchanted princess" It is/was my daughter's room. She's not going to be here for a while, so her room has been changed to storage and the guest room has been emptied.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/temperacerguy/a7e3a63c.jpg

Items:
TRD (toyota Technocraft/Swift) tarmac springs
GT4 poly bushings
CS front bumper and all grilles
CS foglights
all new AC lines, receiver/drier etc
ASI aluminum radiator
System 10 door panels tweeter covers and rear speaker grilles
2 full engine harnesses
2 Apex-i N1 mufflers (one stripped, one colored. both to be mirror polished)
JDM folding mirrors (with correct mirror glass for LHD)
Torsen LSD
HKS cams
AEM cam gears
Every Toyota bearing/seal for 3S imaginable
Brackets for Brembo calipers
7" touch screen with Nav to be molded into dashboard (not dash)
Hose Techniques silicone hose
New 5th Gen floor mat set.

Sitting in the Garage is the heavy stuff. RC/CS engine/tranny, 98+5S block/crank and so on. VIS Carbon Fiber hood is due here mid may.

cms-gt4
04-02-2012, 11:56 PM
So how long do you think your going to spend building this car up this year?

MCcelica
04-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Your princess room is more organized than my garage. Lol

temperacerguy
04-03-2012, 01:04 AM
So how long do you think your going to spend building this car up this year?

Easily 2 years

temperacerguy
04-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Your princess room is more organized than my garage. Lol

I have to keep it organized. Very soon, there will be the entire interior in there. As things come off the car, they will be cleaned, boxed and organized.

I have to strip the car to a near shell so I can stitch weld the chassis and re-paint.

Nitro_Alltrac
04-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Great collection. I'm starting to hate you Austin.

Nah, just joking. You've got a lot of great, hard to find stuff there.

The Captain
04-03-2012, 02:51 AM
I'll take:

RC bumper
JDM mirrors
Aluminum radiator

I'll even pay shipping.

allTRACway
04-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Lol cappy many of us have tried to get stuff off of him. But he's rather stingie about that pile.

temperacerguy
04-03-2012, 04:38 AM
you have no idea.... LOL

I have the shell of an MR2 that caught fire in 97-98. It has alot of sentimental value and alot of history, so I always planned on rebuilding it... I have about 80% of the stuff for that project just sitting and waiting... I used to have people see that pile of stuff and go "Oh wow, can I have (whatever)" I would say "no, that's for the SNS build up" and they would complain that the car will NEVER get finished... LOL

This car (the celica) has a logical build planned for it... And there are still some loose ends I haven't decided on yet (turbo, head work, engine management), but the goal is the same it has always been. a fun, comfortable reliable car. with all the bells and whistles of a contemporary car of this caliber. Damn the budget, if I want "X" I will wait for a bad-ass deal on "X", or save up to buy it... Or find a way to make money to buy it. (insert quagmire saying "well, you could whore yourself out to 10 girls for $1000, or you can whore yourself out to 1000 girls for $10")

The plan on this car is to get the shell as rigid as possible... Then to work on suspension... then to work on the body... then to work on interior... then drivetrain, then engine.

right now on my "Hit list" is
Cusco under body braces
struts (KJ has given me some advice on them, I am just trying to motivate myself to pull the trigger on them cost wise)
pillow mounts (looks like I'm sticking with stock type for comfort)
Leather (for when I re-do my seats)

alltracman78
04-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Ameture :hehe:

The Captain
04-03-2012, 05:42 PM

He with a 1000 parts. LOL!

cms-gt4
04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but he sacrifices alltracs to get those parts, so I am not sure its an even trade. Its three down now isn't it?

temperacerguy
04-04-2012, 01:40 AM

No....

This is just the quality, new, and hard to find parts... I don't want to waste your time showing the engine blocks, and other parts I have stored around the country... I easily have 6-7 full S series engines sitting "around" and 3 MR2s.

pintoBC_3sgte
04-04-2012, 02:19 AM
i can't wait to see your Celica when she's done :D

l0ch0w
04-04-2012, 03:05 AM
I dont have a room... ive just stuffed my celica and the roof of it for the time being :)

alltracman78
04-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Careful, that's how I started too..... :P

No....

This is just the quality, new, and hard to find parts... I don't want to waste your time showing the engine blocks, and other parts I have stored around the country... I easily have 6-7 full S series engines sitting "around" and 3 MR2s.

Easy man, I was just joking.
I'm not worried about comparing parts, it was meant in good humor. :)

temperacerguy
04-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I was playing around too. not trying to show who has a bigger junk pile prick LOL

alltracman78
04-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Grumpy old bastard......

Yeah, but he sacrifices alltracs to get those parts, so I am not sure its an even trade. Its three down now isn't it?
I've only wrecked two, and one wasn't my fault at all. The others were bought already wrecked. :P