PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosing Superstrut

Quakefire
02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Howdy,

So I have a 94 GT-Four with the superstrut suspension which I am told has a front/rear looseness on the one side. Does anyone know how to determine which of the control arms is loose and needs to be replaced or is it just bushes. I know I need to replace the struts eventually, and the figure 8's but i'd rather not replace the entire suspension right now.

KoreanJoey
02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Honestly have no idea... Best bet is to just make sure everything is tight, no play in any of the ball joints or bushings.

I've yet to see a superstrut car so I can't give any clues onto common problems.

Funkycheeze
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
It'll be one of the ball joints, probably on the figure 8 or front lower control arm. I'd just go ahead and replace the figure 8s, both lower control arms and both upper ball joints on both sides.

Quakefire
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Upper ball joints are going with the struts, but I'd like to put coilovers on. This suspension sucks because no one seems to know a thing about it

cms-gt4
03-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Check the gt4dc.com forum. They have a lot of info on the 205 suspension as most of them are 205 owners. It seems fragile enough that I lost any ambition for ever wanting to adapt it to the 185. Some of the guys on there have switched to mcpherson type because its also expensive to fix.