PDA

View Full Version : System 10 tweeter covers

temperacerguy
02-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Hey Aaron,

First off, thanks for your help with the RC/CS sprayers, and for letting me know there's a wait.

Now, I am looking for the door tweeter covers that go near the A-pillars on the doors. Grey if there's a color choice. Are these still available through you?

Also, I am looking for a spoiler side-pod WITHOUT the hole in it for the antenna. These were available on JDM models with the antenna in the rear window. Again: Available... through you?

Thanks,

-Austin T

Aaron Willis
02-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Those tweeter garnishes are tricky. Toyota only lists two part numbers per side. One is described as "W(SPEAKER)" and the other says "W(SPEAKER HOLE)" - so it's less than clear. But I am pretty sure the garnishes you want are 67491-20220 and 67492-20240, right and left respectively.

I'm also not seeing any spoiler piece that specifically states it does not have a hole or is for cars with window mounted antenna. It looks like the two parts that we get differ based on whether the car is a widebody or not; 76088-20910 is widebody, 76088-20911 is for narrow. I don't know whether that has anything to do with the antenna placement or not.

temperacerguy
02-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks Aaron,

I am wondering. Do you think the one that lists as "with speaker" means it comes with the tweeter itself? I see used dealers selling them with the tweeter installed is why i ask. I just need the cover as i am installing aftermarket tweeters.

As for the spoiler side pod. W/O antenna was a jdm option for the GT4 rally cars. If its not readily available i will just glass in my exsisting pod so no biggie

Aaron Willis
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I really doubt it comes with the speaker. Those are in a different part of the catalog. And I forgot to mention that these will be black. It doesn't look like they ever came color coded.

Glassing over the pod is probably the best way to go. Unobtainable JDM parts are cool and all, but sometimes it's not worth the hassle when you can just get it done and move on.

temperacerguy
02-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks aaron. You will see the order for the covers coming through tonight

Aaron Willis
02-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks aaron.You are very welcome. Thank you!

You will see the order for the covers coming through tonightNot if I am able to get out of here on time.

When the whistle blows...:burnout:

temperacerguy
02-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Hey Aaron,

I was just placing the order, but when you look at the parts diagram that's attached to the part number you gave me:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/temperacerguy/diagram.jpg

#8 is what's linked to the part number...

That's not what I was looking for... I was looking for the INSIDE tweeter cover:

Here's a picture I found on the net of what I am talking about (circle in Red):
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/temperacerguy/Interior.jpg

Aaron Willis
02-28-2012, 01:21 AM
You can ignore the diagrams. This is really simple:

I'm right and they're wrong.

temperacerguy
02-28-2012, 01:23 AM
LOL Hilarious!

Order coming through within seconds... You can toss them in with the sprayers if you'd like to reduce shipping costs... I am in no rush. This is the salt shakers for the dining room of a cruise ship that's still being welded together :-)

Aaron Willis
02-28-2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the order. We may not be able to leave them around here that long. I will be in touch when they come in to make sure that they are what you want.

temperacerguy
02-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Sweet,

Thanks, Whatever works. Thanks for looking out.

-Austin