PDA

View Full Version : 1stToyotaParts FTW!!!

joe's gt
02-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Called my local dealer, asked for various prices on gaskets and such to reseal my valve cover. Quoted me astronomically high prices. I told him, thanks, but no thanks, I got a toyota site (refused to mention the name because I didn't know whether it would compromise what they do) where I can get OEM parts with shipping for way less and started listing off the prices I could get. He ended up giving me the %20 off prices that 1st Toyota was listing before their own additional discount so I didn't have to endure the $9.95 shipping minimum.

Worth a shot to try to get your dealer prices down if you want to get something locally and its small and you don't want to pay the shipping minimum that 1st toyota charges.

KoreanJoey
02-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Make friends with your local dealership parts guys, they can make adjustments.

T-spoon
02-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Make friends with your local dealership parts guys, they can make adjustments.

Yep, if you ask for it, many will give you their comparable "internet price" which is usually around 20 off. Some won't, still, but if that's the case it's their loss, and you don't really lose anything trying. Just don't argue with them or be snide, it's whatever policy their manager has.

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-22-2012, 07:06 AM
My local Carquest guy is my current hero.

Luni
02-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Lithia Toyota will probably match any price 1sttoyota does and theyre a sponsor.

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Lithia Toyota will probably match any price 1sttoyota does and theyre a sponsor.

I have not liked their customer service. Lithia is superior.