PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for a powdercoating supplier

temperacerguy
02-22-2012, 05:58 AM
OK, so cruising through one of the forums for powdercoating, I came across someone who said "for powder, you should try www.powderbuythepound.com"

So I figured I would try it out. I checked out their site, and they have TONS of cool custom powders. CHEAP TOO. I ordered 6 different silvers ranging from chrome, through black, chrome, smoke and nearly black mirror.

The order came the other day, and today I was going through it... Now I havn't sprayed this yet, but my god, it is stuff is the finest powdercoating powder I have ever gotten. It's going to spray amazing!!!

Unfortunately I cant spray this for a while, but I am really looking forward to it. It's going to flow out so much better than the crap I have been using from eastwood.

Now, here are a few "Top tips"

1. When you buy the powder, they give you the option of having it shipped in a plastic container, or just an industrial plastic bag. If you ask for the container, it's $2.27 added to the powder. Skip this, and buy 32oz deli containers off E-bay. You can get them for like 50 cents each, then just pour your powder into the container yourself.

2. Whatever you do... do not pour the powder from the bags into the containers in your house. The powder is so fine that it clouds, and spreads EVERYWHERE.

3. If you do pour the powder indoors, in the kitchen, on the counter next to the oven, make sure the oven is cool.

4. If the oven is hot, you will need to scrape the powder off of the oven when it's cool. I recomend EZ OFF, and a plastic brillo.

5. Don't try to sweep up the powder... it's so fine that your household broom will just dust it up... you will need to mist the entire counter/floor with water (I used windex), then wipe from clean into dirty using a million and a half paper towels.

6. Do this all before the wife comes home, and she will think that you cleaned the kitchen because you love her, and she's got a caring husband.... Make sure to clean under the coffee maker, or the gig is up....

UtahSleeper
02-22-2012, 06:28 AM
LOL!!!! Well written and good info.

I looked at their powder and love the color selection. Hoping to start playing with it soon.

thatonedude
03-11-2012, 05:48 AM
what about powdercoating a car whould it look good lol

Hookecho
03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Finding an oven might be hard.

temperacerguy
03-11-2012, 05:35 PM
what about powdercoating a car whould it look good lol

Kids... It's not good to drink and post

kado1000
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
powder coats looks nice but it cost too much for a car.

METDeath
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Wow on #6... just yeah.

4thgenceli
03-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Interested Tempe.

There are some parts I'd like to powercoat (valve cover, exhaust cover, etc). I'll be checking them out