PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NZ

dontsurf
02-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Hi guys,

I'm Chris, I'm a PhD candidate and university tutor originally from England but living in Wellington, NZ.

After owning Pugs and Legacies, I took the plunge now have a 1991 JDM Celica GT-R with 4WS. Picked it up for $3k with 130,000km on the clock - runs like a dream. None too shabby. :D Except the inside - previous owner smoked a lot and liked chocolate, so it's a state, even after vigorous and enthusiastic cleaning. Needs sorting on a budger.

Otherwise, mechanically and externally it's in vgc.

So yeah. Hi. Cheers!

Waffles!
02-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Welcome!

I'm suddenly sad that we don't get any of the good cars in the US.

dontsurf
03-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks bro! I keep meaning to take some photos of it for posterity, but the weather and work haven't been kind to me - I tell you now, at some point she's had an accident and the nearside has had some items replaced - it's got mismatched tail lights, a heated mirror replacement that isn't heated and the factor decals are missing off that side.

Churs tho!

pintoBC_3sgte
03-03-2012, 01:15 AM
welcome :D glad to hear that you're enjoying the Celica life :D

The Captain
03-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Welcome. And....PICS!!!!

dontsurf
03-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys. :) Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back here... work and stuff. Also, I keep meaning to take pics, but it's either raining (and she's covered in a fine layer of filth right now) or my mate has his boat parked on the driveway.

Excuses excuses... I need to start documenting the flaws so I can get a plan together to fix them...

allTRACway
03-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Lol waffles is a chick though she is a man at heart. Hope you enjoy your stay on the celica tour. The waters can get mighty rough.