PDA

View Full Version : Dragon plans crushed

Hipster Lawrence
02-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Well as some of y'all know my mr2 build was coming down to the wire and it was up in the air weather or no my car would be done. As it stands now I will not be making the trip this year.
My hot water heater busted tonight and I have to spend money to fix that. Also my wife's jeep needs some repairs that I have been planing on doing in the next few weeks and can't really put off. So those two things are basically taking all of my dragon cash.

Oh and I have to buy tickets to see Iron Maiden this summer and they go on sale at the end of the month. And I AM NOT missing an iron maiden concert. Gotta have priorities you know?

My car still has a very good chance of being finished and I may well still make the trip. But I am just going to have to see what my bank account looks like the week before.

If I don't make it I'll see you guys next year.

Luni
02-21-2012, 01:57 AM
You telling us that lifelong friendship is less important than a washed out band from the 80s kind of makes me want to stab you in the face. Just sayin.

Hipster Lawrence
02-21-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm not surprised to get that response from you papabear. And yeah that washed up band is pretty important lol, not more important than the "lifelong friendship" but it does take priority over the dragon meet this year since they don't tour the us every year. More like every 3rd year. And this tour is a "history" tour meaning they are playing all the classics.

Again if I have money in my pocket the Friday before the dragon I'm coming. So nobody claim my tent site just yet.

Hipster Lawrence
02-21-2012, 02:29 AM
And arent you a fan of that gay nu-metal shit? You should show the Irons some spect yo.

Luni
02-21-2012, 02:33 AM
I guess you can call it Nu-Metal.

I like what I like. :) I respect Iron Maiden. I just dont like their music. And Im mostly giving you shit. Mostly. I will still stab you.

Hipster Lawrence
02-21-2012, 03:22 AM
I know and I deserve it. Im really gonna try and come alot can happen in 2 months I'm just kind of negative bout stuff.

MCcelica
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
The Maiden still gets plenty of respect.

cklamp
02-23-2012, 12:39 AM
can you save some cash by installing the water heater yourself? it's not very hard, especially if you can wrench a car. I even found someone local to me to pick my old one up and haul it away for free.

later
C

Hipster Lawrence
02-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Already done. And you're right it was suprisingly easy. Used sharkbite fittings and man are those things cool. Still spent $400 of my savings though.

I'm a mechanic so our scrap guy is going to pick up the ok one tommorow. Win win.