PDA

View Full Version : re-installing driveshaft

lalojamesliz
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I need to take care of my leaking rear diff and rear diff mount asap because im moving in a couple months to a place without a garage. If i remove my rear diff/mount/driveshaft can i just slap it back on or does the driveshaft need to be perfectly installed to avoid vibrations? ill align it the best i can but does a shop need to tweek with the driveshaft?

ChrisD
02-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Just mark in matchmarks before hand and line them up when you are done. You'll be fine. :)

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Where you moving to?

lalojamesliz
02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Where you moving to?

Mother in law's house :-( I have some crap i need to pay before the end of the year ($$$) and saving $1500 a month for rent will help alot. It's only a few miles from my house and my stuff is going in storage so the move will be easy. The good thing is im buying a house within the first couple of months next year so that's something to look forward too. 3 car garage and rv parking will be a must so i can park all my cars! My mustang will be up and running and i will.have a Mr2right after i get the house..... Ill let the wife know after i buy the Mr2 ;-)

lalojamesliz
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Just mark in matchmarks before hand and line them up when you are done. You'll be fine. :)

will do :-) thanks!

Sifu
02-12-2012, 08:15 AM
While you're at it you may want to check the seal. You never know...