PDA

View Full Version : Planning the Big Bear Meet and BBQ

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Alright guys, as promised, I wanted to get a meet going up in Big Bear when I got back to SoCal. Before we set a date, I wanted to discuss what weekends this spring worked best for everyone, so we can have a good showing. I wanted to find a weekend between the end of March and the beginning of May that we could all make. Too early is too cold, and too late is to busy.

The event includes meeting at Wildwood Park north of San Bernardino, driving the Rim of the World Highway (SR 18) to Big Bear, and a BBQ meet with fishing on Big Bear lake at the top. We'd make a day out of it, to have chances to stop and enjoy the sights from a highway that runs along a ridge at 6,000 feet.

Lets gather up the folks, and see who else we can get on board to join us for an awesome meet!

lalojamesliz
02-08-2012, 10:40 PM
As of now i would love to go! Things always change but i will try my best to make it. Who else is in?????? Damn now i really need to fix the small issues with my all-trac and get some new wheels/tires.....

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
I know Eric is in for sure, and 2 other guys from last time will likely be there.

Sent via Imperial Comlink

Murgatroy
02-09-2012, 12:21 AM
So which Bear are you planning on having there? Luni is the biggest of us. I would be next.

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-09-2012, 04:14 AM
So which Bear are you planning on having there? Luni is the biggest of us. I would be next.

Well ideally, we'd love to have all of you, so its whoever can make it. The more bears the better.

BonzaiCelica
02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
hey guys I got to viewing this thread thanks to the celica tech messages that get sent to my hotmail account.

I see the dates listed of when it would be best for me to attend. I don't want to speak ahead of time as the meet looks like it'll be in 1-2 months. Just unsure of my job security right now. As of now, I do have sundays off...

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I have heard from a few other people that Sundays were a better day to make it as things get scheduled on Saturdays sometimes. We will likely be doing a Sunday for the event.

Eric Barrera
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Sunday would be more ideal for me and my dad too, but, traffic will be ridiculous from people coming back from vegas.

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Sunday would be more ideal for me and my dad too, but, traffic will be ridiculous from people coming back from vegas.

You'll live. It's not worse then rush hour.

Eric Barrera
02-13-2012, 06:49 PM
You'll live. It's not worse then rush hour.

This is true

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Alright, I called Scott and Matt, so we should know by tomorrow if they're available. I'd like to have the event finalized tomorrow so we can create a post and schedule in our time off (if need be) so we can all make it. I am going to hit up a few other websites to see who else we can reach out to for a meet on April 15th.

We for sure have at least one female on our sausage fest drive, so that should be further motivation to make this one!

http://www.americansouthwest.net/california/photographs700/rim-of-the-world.jpg

The vistas are EPIC.

Doowstados
03-05-2012, 07:40 AM
It is likely (assuming school is working out and my car is running well) that I can make it if it is on a Sunday. No promises but I'd love to go.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-05-2012, 07:51 AM
It is likely (assuming school is working out and my car is running well) that I can make it if it is on a Sunday. No promises but I'd love to go.

We won't hold you to it and make you our group's BurnyD Jr.

TRDRACING89
03-05-2012, 09:14 AM
i got your message a lil while ago i was at work when you called, i am definitely wanting to go just need to know an exact day so i can request the day off..
my car is currently at a shop called ETL GARAGE located in Fullerton C.A. that specializes in mr2's and 3sgte's and my engine has been completely rebuilt and running perfect, which i pick up this week, so i am ready to head out to the meet.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Sunday, April 15th looks like the best date for everyone to make it there!

Doowstados
03-06-2012, 10:13 PM
i got your message a lil while ago i was at work when you called, i am definitely wanting to go just need to know an exact day so i can request the day off..
my car is currently at a shop called ETL GARAGE located in Fullerton C.A. that specializes in mr2's and 3sgte's and my engine has been completely rebuilt and running perfect, which i pick up this week, so i am ready to head out to the meet.

I'm living in Fullerton right now. What shop is this?

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
ETL Garage, Inc.
528 South Raymond Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831
(714) 578-0492

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=etl+garage&aq=&sll=33.870292,-117.925338&sspn=0.11602,0.17458&vpsrc=0&g=fullerton+ca&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=13&iwloc=A&cid=11257909293587848894

I assume he's talking about that place. Now we get to find out if they're any good!

TRDRACING89
03-07-2012, 09:06 AM
yea that is the place, yea i will post pics up of the work and how it looks as soon as i pick it up.

jaydog82
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
ok so the only sunday in apr that i have free is the 22nd. is everybody else good for the 15th?

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Ill ask Zen and Eduardo. 22nd might be a really good weekend to go.

TRDRACING89
03-08-2012, 08:42 AM
i already have to request off the following weekend the 28, so the 15 is better for me, if it were the 22 would be to close together to be able to get the time off needed..

not everyone is gonna be able to get the time off we really need to just set a date and make the plans for that, yea we want as many people as possible to go but if date keeps changing it will be more likely people wont be able to go, the meet is only about a month away we need a set day asap and no more changes and every one can plan for that..

the sooner the better, closer it gets to that date i will be less likely to get the day approved.

so just let me know the exact day so i can put in for the day off.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
15th it is.

Itinerary at the moment:

1PM Meet at Wildwood Park in San Bernardino for photos and drive
130PM Cruise up the Rim of the World Highway to Big Bear, with stops!
3PM-5PM BBQ in Meadow Park at Big Bear Lake

Feel free to comment on those plans guys. When I am back from Norwalk tomorrow evening I'll have a detailed thread up of the event and I'll reach out to other community forums, craigslist and a few local media! Look forward to finally meeting all the CTech members in the area!

TRDRACING89
03-08-2012, 09:50 AM
sounds good to me i am looking forward to the meet as well regardless of how big or small the turnout, just hope everything goes as planned, make sure to post link to thread on here as well, so we'll know where it is at..

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Will do. As you can imagine, I was very busy Monday and Tuesday. Just catching up with some things today and tomorrow. I'll be there with Eric for sure. He has a month to get his codes cleaned out and his harmonic balancer situation fixed. I have a friend I'm going to talk into going, which might mean I cover her gas. I'd love to see some guys from up north, but I def. understand with $5 gal gas, not seeing them.

I don't know if Meadow Park is the best park to go to, so we might plan around that as well. Anyone have a portable grille? I plan on bringing my fishing pole. Would anyone be interested in shirts? We could make up something rather cheap!

Any other ideas, SPILL them. I'd like to make this official for the community and beyond tomorrow evening. Here's your excuse to cruise down the grapevine to SoCal Facime!

Eric Barrera
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Michael. Remember the little Grill we were bbq'ing on last time when we had carne? I could bring that.

I'll meet up with you on Pearblossom hwy or my house? Idk..

Shall we make a list of who's bringing what? Cups, plates? ETC

I'll bring plates, cups, and chips?

About my codes, I am at the moment resetting my ecu, and harmonic balancer getting replaced next weekend.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
We can get a list going on the official thread later tonight. That little grille would be great. We'll get everyone to pitch in on things and have a great time at Big Bear.

Car_Barn_Bandit
03-10-2012, 12:59 AM
BAM

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?55572-SoCal-Big-Bear-BBQ-amp-Cruise-(Sunday-April-15th)