PDA

View Full Version : ebay rebuilt kit

lue
02-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Has anyone bought or try out them Celica rebuilt kit on ebay?..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-99-Toyota-Camry-2-2L-5SFE-Engine-Master-Rebuild-Kit-/120845896107?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c22fa09ab#ht_4568wt_1002

are they good? seems kind of cheap. would like some feedbacks or opinion if anyone bought these kind of kits before.

thanks!

Hipster Lawrence
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Looks way too cheap. Must be all Chinese stuff.

alltracNyx
02-06-2012, 10:47 PM
^I agree. I wouldn't do it.

allTRACway
02-07-2012, 12:30 AM
no way thats a good kit and free shipping huh if you got money to test it go for it but otherwise no way

temperacerguy
02-07-2012, 02:15 AM
I've rebuilt probably 10 or so engines with ultra cheap "Rebuild kits" like these. I've had no problems with them, but it's not really anything I would use on a performance engine, or anything I would have for more than 60K miles or so. They are not bad, and some even include crankshafts and con-rods for under $400. Most I have used are on 22Rs, and a few A series engines.

When you buy a "re manufactured" engine from a re-builder, they use kits like this from various companies... And just an FYI, one of the largest "Cheap rebuild kit" companies is right here in the US of A. Cheap and poor quality products don't always come from overseas.

What people fail to remember, is that there is a HUGE expense in machining when rebuilding an engine. Good machine shops are costly, and the difference between a good rebuild and a bad rebuild is the machining.

Eric Barrera
02-07-2012, 02:20 AM
^ Truff!

I learned this with my block. Machining is quite frankly an art form, and they charge alot!

I only payed 400 bucks for machining my block, crank, and new pistons and rings.

lue
02-07-2012, 07:24 AM
doesn't seem that bad..i dont think it could harm :) i hope i'm right

Lonestag
02-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Yeah, my opinion, but the rebuild kits we sell at work are around that price, and we warrenty them on thousand doller engines. Might not be the best, but I bet they are at least sufficent.

Once again, my opinion, but I feel like even the really inexpensive aftermarket parts these days are actually pretty decent. Not like the crap that was being sold fifteen years ago.