PDA

View Full Version : KYB or TEIN?

gen5dream
02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Okay so i just took out the chucks the previous owner broke and realized that they are KYB. Now i have NO idea what KYB was until this week but i still don't know if i should rebuild my chucks and use those or spend the 1699$ for the full TEIN suspension. I want everyone to take into consideration the fact i am going to build a 300-350awhp celica and I want a suspension that can hold up and be efficient. My project is costing a fair amount so if clearing this up for me would be quite appreciated. Thanks for the help!

-Mathieu-

bleST
02-03-2012, 08:47 AM
What are chucks? Chuck Norris? Or shocks?

The Captain
02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I have the TEINs. Love 'em. That being said Koni's with springs is a cheaper alternative and a huge improvement over stock.

gen5dream
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
What are chucks? Chuck Norris? Or shocks?

no its a frenchism because i am french i do use words from each language without realizing. its shocks for the suspension. I'm pretty sure if you would have taken into context you would have known i wasnt making a chuck norris joke.

gen5dream
02-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Well i called KYB my original suspension is available only in Japan and its not strong enough after my mods, and the Koni isnt worth going for because they only have a celica front suspension replacement and the rear you need to dick around in other car models and fit etc etc.SO this being said TEIN has the win. no headache no disappointment i hope.

KoreanJoey
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Depends on what you're going for. If you're going for some improvement without wanting to get into adjusting and tuning shocks, just get the Teins. They're not the best but they're a big improvement over stock without having to modify/build your own.

That said, if you're wanting to do any real competition with a car shocks do a lot. Koni shocks are worlds better as a shock than the Teins. But they're just the shock, nothing attached to them. So if you want to do it that way you'll have to do some fabrication to them.