PDA

View Full Version : Group gathering places at the Dragon

4thgenceli
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Just got a call from Fontana Village asking if we would like/need some catering/group gathering/dining/firepit/etc type arrangements.

Ideaz?

CollapsedNut
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Strippers and blow

alltracNyx
01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
I would say dining and/or firepit arrangements. It sounded like a bunch of people were good with eating at one of the Fontana restaurants as a group one night, and maybe grilling out another night at the firepit...?

I only found their banquet menu on the Fontana site. Are there menus available for the different restaurants? I think that will give people an idea on the type of food and prices. That should make the decision a bit easier.

alltracNyx
01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
And I guess we'll need to know how many people if we do reserve room for us to eat together. I went through the hotel thread and what I've seen on FB. Below is the list of people booked, as far as I know...

1. Cappy
2. Murg and Jesse
3. Celicatuner92 (Jon and wife)
4. Hook (Bruce and wife)
5. bloodMoney and alltracNyx (Chris and Stacy)
6. METdeath and Waffles! (Marshall and Jas)
7. Luni and BabyBear (Rob and Rob)
8. Bugs and Pearljammz (Ben, Melissa, and Brian)
9. Physlis
10. CollapsedNut and BurnyD Jr (Matt and Tim)
11. Mafix and group (Willy, maybe Azzy, and whoever else he is bringing)
12. Lace and Austin.C (Lace, her husband?, and Austin)

Let me know if I have left anyone out. Also, we have the people who haven't been able to confirm yet, like vip09 and Crisco. So it looks like about 25-30 people so far.

4thgenceli
01-26-2012, 10:26 PM
We can reserve a firepit and dining room.

Thing is, it'll cost some money to reserve them. They sent a proposal over for a Saturday night private (as in secluded, no worries about pissing off people) firepit and a dining area on Friday night. The resturant is a steakhouse type diner (or it will be at that time of the year) with food varying in price from $15 to $40. The dining on Friday night though is in the bears den with the bar (so Crisco can easily get shitfaced).

For the firepit, it's $175. For the Bear's Den lounge, it's $150 (6p-10p).

Hookecho
01-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Cooking at Murg's campsite is free. So is partying in a cabin.

If we did reserve a fire pit would we have it all night long? I guess the main thing is not having to wander very far to piss, puke, and pound.

METDeath
01-27-2012, 02:48 AM
We may not have all the cabins in an area to ourselves... at which point, I can see the point of doing one of the other venues... as long as there isn't a wedding party at the lodge for us to get in trouble with.

CollapsedNut
01-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Or little girls watching Murg give people piggy back rides?

donteatbugs
01-27-2012, 04:00 AM
We didnt reserve anything last year. We just took over anywhere we went because of the massive amounts of people in the group. If you have enough people around a fire pit some stranger isnt gonna come around. Most of the food at the restaurant with the bar was around $10-15 last year. The lodge dining is much more expensive. They had a $30 sunday morning brunch, too rich for my taste though.

The Captain
01-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Real bear dens dont close at 10.

Waffles!
01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I want to make smores one night.

Hipster Lawrence
01-27-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't see a point in reserving a bar/restaurant that closes at 10. We will be barely getting started. I think reserving a fire pit is a goo idea. Partying at mine and murg's campsite could be a no-go if there are families close by. And the same goes for the cabins. We tend to get loud.

I think we should eat in town friday bring our own alcohol and drink it at the fire pit. Maybe cook out Saturday. I'll go with whatever.

rizin
01-28-2012, 01:10 AM
< kenall and wife. i will be there reserved a cabin.

Azzazzyn
01-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Real bear dens dont close at 10.

troof

MCcelica
01-28-2012, 07:38 AM

Which means all yall mother fuckers better let me know if Kendall really is as weird in person as he sounds over the phone,..

The Captain
01-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Woohoo!

Mafix
01-28-2012, 07:46 PM
i believe austin and lace are driving down with us
my group has 4 people. me, legacyofdan, mario (370z), danny (ep hatch)

Mafix
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
I think we should eat in town friday bring our own alcohol and drink it at the fire pit. Maybe cook out Saturday. I'll go with whatever.

this

rizin
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
The wife and I are up for eating anywhere. Seth I might just have to start a poll on kidnapping your ass! The trunk of the Kia is spacious. :)

MCcelica
01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
The problem is, you'd have to do it where there's witnesses that can attest to my having been kidnapped and could afford me the luxury of not reporting for duty. Problem with that is those witnesses would probably intervene.