PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all!

Hickey6
01-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Hello there. Time to introduce myself as I hope to utilize this resource in bringing a '90 GTS turd back to life.

Far as background, I am fairly new to the front drive Asian car thing. However, I am an experienced wrencher. I can swap/rebuild engines, transmissions, fabricate metal and composites, weld, integrate PCMs, advanced electrical projects, suspensions, bodywork, etc. Most of my experience is in 4WDs and overland vehicles (roughly 20 years worth), but I have done stupid things with automobiles my whole life. I am looking forward to learning a new facet of my hobby (sickness?) with the old Celica.

This 1990 GTS will be the first Toyota I have owned. The price was right (free), but it needs some significant work to be a daily driver. I have so far found some good information poking around this site and doing some internet research, but it seems that there isn't a whole lot of stuff out there for the old ST184s. My local parts suppliers are even a little thin and it looks like most will need to be ordered in anyway.

I will begin posting in the appropriate forums with my questions as I go, but my personal goals are a cheap daily driver for now and slowly transform the old Toyota into a reliable traveling vehicle with some modicum of entertainment.

CriScO
01-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Welcome aboard.

The Captain
01-21-2012, 02:41 AM
howdy

manda
01-21-2012, 04:44 AM
ello :)

pintoBC_3sgte
01-21-2012, 05:35 PM
yo