PDA

View Full Version : Tach adapter & installation

4thgenceli
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Small oversight, I forgot to buy a tach adapter.. The one that Tweak suggested is the one they carry at the tune of $80. Seems simple enough, connect power, ground, input & output.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAKOTA-DIGITAL-UNIVERSAL-TACH-ADAPTER-1JZGTE-2JZGTE-4AGZE-SIGNAL-INTERFACE-SGI-8-/250963885155?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6e9cfc63#ht_2589wt_1071

As far as installation, do I simply cut the TACH wire (pin C27 BLACK- - wire) and stick use the ECU side of the wire as the INPUT and OUTPUT to the tach? Or do I need to use one of the ignitor wires as the input signal and tach as the output?

CollapsedNut
01-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I think people usually use the wires up near the dizzy. Why don't you get one of the easy ones to install where you just wrap the input wire around one of the wires near the dizzy, I dunno which wire, but that's all you do. This (http://www.autometer.com/productPDF/0972A.pdf) is how most tach install. You don't need some weird box and shit.

4thgenceli
01-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I think people usually use the wires up near the dizzy. Why don't you get one of the easy ones to install where you just wrap the input wire around one of the wires near the dizzy, I dunno which wire, but that's all you do.

Sure if I could find the dizzy on my motor.

CollapsedNut
01-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Check link in edit above

4thgenceli
01-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Check link in edit above

Lalz.

I'm not installing an aftermarket, I want to use my stock tach in the gauge cluster. I have it figured out though...I just gotta splice it like I thought.

CollapsedNut
01-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Why the fuck are you bothering me with stupid shit then. If you wanna the stock just fuckin ask Dr Tweak. He'll fix you up. Probably cheaper than the gay ebay one you linked.

Hookecho
01-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah faggot!

4thgenceli
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
So the wiring calls for the following:

REd - Input, connects to the ignition 12 volt supply coming from the ignition switch.
REd/GREEN - Output, connects to the coil positive wire.
BLACK - Connects to engine ground.
GRAY - Tach output signal wire. Connects to the green Tach trigger wire or other RPM operated component.

Red, black & grey I'm not worried about. It's the Red/Green that I'm unsure of. Would I be able to take the TACH wire from the ECU, and stick it inline?

This is the Autometer 9117 BTW.

For example:

ECU -----RED/GREEN WIRE-------adapter-------GREY WIRE----TACH