PDA

View Full Version : turbo kit

T0XIC VVTi
12-30-2011, 06:50 AM
91 celica basic kit no intercooler based on zippy stage 0 just something basic if someone can point me in the direction of one for my car that would be great i have been on ebay but i dont need an intercooler as i already have one.
:thebirdman: lil honda kids

Eric Barrera
12-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Pintobc_5sfte can point you in the right way.

SMILEYOSO
12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
how much boost are you wanting to push? stock internals? what modifications have you made?

CollapsedNut
12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Also is it a Celica ST, GT, or GTS?

T0XIC VVTi
01-02-2012, 09:31 AM
i have 2 1/4 full exhuast 4-1 race header ngk plugs n wires and i have a GT and also 4-5 pounds

muscle_bound89@Live.com
01-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey folks I have 91 GTS with the stock 5sfe with insane amount of miles on it. Plan is to do 3sgte swap on it. New forged pistons Possibly JE pistons and new cam gears. Im open to suggestions on what I should do.

SHould I totally rebuild the engine the clip im looking at getting only has like 40K miles on it. Any need for changing valve sprins? cam shaft? pistons? Looking for it to be really fast.

Also looking to keep the top mount intercooler and changing out stock turbo manifold to aftermarket. Im thinking piping will need to be redone if we go aftermarket. I have seen a aftermarket intake manifold by HKS but dont know if it would be worth it.

Open to sugestions.

vip09
01-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey folks I have 91 GTS with the stock 5sfe with insane amount of miles on it. Plan is to do 3sgte swap on it. New forged pistons Possibly JE pistons and new cam gears. Im open to suggestions on what I should do.

SHould I totally rebuild the engine the clip im looking at getting only has like 40K miles on it. Any need for changing valve sprins? cam shaft? pistons? Looking for it to be really fast.

Also looking to keep the top mount intercooler and changing out stock turbo manifold to aftermarket. Im thinking piping will need to be redone if we go aftermarket. I have seen a aftermarket intake manifold by HKS but dont know if it would be worth it.

Open to sugestions.

You won't be going anywhere if you keep that top mount intercooler. That would be one of the very first things I changed. Best option is front mount intercooler, second best would be a top mount w2a cooler.

You say your goal is "really fast". To most people on here that is about 200-250whp, to others it may be over 500whp and beyond. Let us know a realistic goal and maybe someone can help you out.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
01-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Lets say 300+ I know someone that has built a 500HP 3sgte MR2. Lets just say I want to be able to smoke a v8 mustang.

What are the best products for engine internals? I have seen HKS, JE for pistons, Eagle rods.

What exactly is w2a top mount intercooler?

I was planning on possibly keeping the top mount and doing the cs gt4 converison with the hood and the front bumper.

muscle_bound89@Live.com
01-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Ok water to air.
What is the advantages in doing that than the basic set up?

muscle_bound89@Live.com
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Were can u get a w2a kit for the 3sgte? and what all is needed?

muscle_bound89@Live.com
01-25-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/power.htm