PDA

View Full Version : Interior Question

91BlackTRAC
12-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Just recently got a used celica but previous owner was a smoker. Anybody here with useful tips on how to get rid of that interior smell? Maybe a chemical spray?

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Peter?

Galcobar
12-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Bought mine from a smoker, and I actually found the Scotch brand upholstery cleaners to be very effective. My father had the interior shampooed and detailed as a present when I bought her -- though turned out the detailer was rather less than thorough -- but the upholstery, carpet and liner were still quite stained. Didn't realize how badly until I used the Scotch cleaner and the interior changed colour.

grimmythereaper
12-27-2011, 02:25 AM
i steamed cleaned mine when i got her and the previous smoked as well, and my water was black and i swap the cleaner about 7 times on the seats b4 the water staring turning grey and then a clear blue soapy color

91Atrac
12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
How about using like a rug doctor. I have always wanted to rent one for the day and clean my interior.

jdm_celica_gts
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
You will probably have to go over it a couple times. Problem with smoke is you have to thoroughly go over everything. Pull your seats and trunk carpet clean really good, scrub all panels best you can. It will require You to take off your head liner and clean it good too. I Don't remember if celicas have an in cab air filter for your ac/heater but replace if there is. It took me awhile to finally get my car to smell good when I got it

DudeMan
12-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Ozone generator.

You could probably rent one locally, just leave it in your car overnight after a good cleaning.

ChrisD
12-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Bissel has a great carpet cleaning machine designed for auto use.they have their own cleaning solution too. Always worked well for me.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk