PDA

View Full Version : A couple laps at Pacific Raceways; Kent, WA

KoreanJoey
12-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Hunting down a civic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4IVRZXRJE

KoreanJoey
12-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Notice the point by but yet, he doesn't let off to let me pass.... I wanted to bump him...

allTRACway
12-20-2011, 03:19 PM
holy crap how long has kent had a race trac and what part of town is it on i dont remember their being one growing up

4thgenceli
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Is that steam I see coming out of the engine bay? Blow a line or overheated?

Hookecho
12-20-2011, 03:47 PM
A turbo can make up for a crummy driving.

KoreanJoey
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
The end of the video (before I edited it) was the brakes... My own spyhunter smoke screen.

Pacific Raceways used to be Seattle International Raceway (SIR). Been around some 70+ years.

CollapsedNut
12-21-2011, 01:08 AM
That civic couldnt corner worth a damn. But I must say... That was one boring ass video. Do something fun next time.

allTRACway
12-21-2011, 05:17 AM
The end of the video (before I edited it) was the brakes... My own spyhunter smoke screen.

Pacific Raceways used to be Seattle International Raceway (SIR). Been around some 70+ years.

oh see i remember a SIR never made it to it maybe ill try and hit it up when i go see my father this summer and showe yall how to really drive

KoreanJoey
12-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Alright man, you're on.

<<<SCCA Solo 2 Instructor

allTRACway
12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
alright
<<<<< been palying racing games since i was like 5 lawl

no but really i should come and see you while im out that way, i was going to get into the solo scene once i got back. maybe i can use you to convince the wife to let me start.

and finally do you solo the trac and whats a good suspension set up for the trac if i may ask.

KoreanJoey
12-22-2011, 04:49 AM
I don't race or own an Alltrac (as I've stated in the past, I am not a masochist and have no desire to hurt myself working on an Alltrac).

I haven't actually campaigned a car I've owned in several years. Two years ago it was a 06 Tacoma X-Runner. Last year was a combination of an 87 Mustang in C Prepared and an 89 Civic Si in spec civic (also know as Street Touring). My current project car is an 87 Corolla GTS with a blacktop 20V and an extensive list of go fast parts.

But as to convincing your wife, best way is to get her involved in it! My home club; the Bremerton Sports Car Club: www.bscc.net hosts a couple of schools and also has a dedicated "Ladies Day" to try and get the ladies out on the track for some instructional time. Or just bring her to an event, she'll meet the great friendly people and we'll put her in the passenger seat of some of the ladies (we have many, many super fast ladies. Several of them multi-time national champions).

goretro77
12-22-2011, 05:32 AM
That civic couldnt corner worth a damn. But I must say... That was one boring ass video. Do something fun next time.

Personally I enjoyed the video.

I thought KoreanJoey was doing pretty good in the tight stuff but that civic would walk on him really good (starting at 1:31) when it came to the straights only to be reeled in again in the corners. In the end you can really see the roll that civic had.

goretro77
12-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Alright man, you're on.

<<<SCCA Solo 2 Instructor

@allTRACway - after KoreanJoey is done, I'm next.

KoreanJoey
12-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Personally I enjoyed the video.

I thought KoreanJoey was doing pretty good in the tight stuff but that civic would walk on him really good (starting at 1:31) when it came to the straights only to be reeled in again in the corners. In the end you can really see the roll that civic had.

I did what I could with 100fwhp, H&R lowering springs, Koni OTS yellows, ST rear bar, 17x9 Team Dynamics and a set of 245/35R17 Toyo R1Rs. Oh and many, many hours/days/events of tinkering and tuning the alignment.