PDA

View Full Version : Want power in car, no engine

gonzo1
12-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to get everything powered inside of car without engine being installed. My engines out my car, in process of rebuild, and I'm trying to install a radio and other gadgets in car in the meantime and need car electric to be on, to test radio. is there certain ground points in need to ground. Is there certain parts that need to be plugged in to get current? Thanks for the help :)

93celicaconv
12-16-2011, 02:51 PM
There is more of an issue to make sure certain wiring is not exposed to short out when you put your battery harness on. The cable attaching to your starter is one of them. As for grounds, you know what grounds were removed when you took your engine out, so just figure out a way to take these grounds to the chassis, and you should be fine. Your battery ground terminal has part of it's harness attached to the chassis, so, that will work as the only ground in the system.

The Captain
12-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah, you'll pretty much have to connect the engine harness from the battery to the ECU area.

grimmythereaper
12-21-2011, 09:47 PM
take the yellow and red wires (power wires) on the radio if it aftermarket and the black(ground) and hook up to the car battery and it should get power to turn on so u can test it.