PDA

View Full Version : Enkei RPF1 - 17x9 ET35 - 5x100 - Possible Group Buy

imperfect2099
11-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting here, and I'm trying to guage interest in people looking to purchase a set of new wheels, in particular Enkei RPF1's. I got in contact with a rep from Enkei and it's possible to get 17x9 +35et (or a different offset) made if we wanted it to happen. It pretty much comes down to getting 10 people in on the buy (40 wheels total) and willing to wait the time for them to be made (8-12 weeks). I haven't talked to Enkei about pricing yet, seeing as how I'm still checking to see if people are interested in this idea. I would imagine that the set would be going to the same price as the 17x9's that are already out on the market.

I only had the size in mind for ST-185's, as I don't know much information concerning non-AllTracs, 6th and 7th gens. I mentioned a +35 offset because it leaves room for people to use spacers or not. +22 is also available as an option but I feel like that's a little to aggressive for the front. RPF1's also don't concave much, so for those that are looking for that kind of appearance may be disappointed. And for the track enthusiasts, Enkei's site shows that 17x9 RPF1's weigh in at 15.9 lbs. Just a little extra information.

I remember seeing the thread on alltrac.net about a GB on TE37's that kinda fell through, but these are usually a better alternative to spending $2000-2500 on a new set of Volks.

If we can get enough people interested, I'll keep bugging Enkei about this and hopefully get this started! Please post questions so I can shoot them over to Enkei as well. TY all that took the time to read this!

Randy

Luni
11-19-2011, 07:51 AM
I cant let you run a group buy on here with only 1 post. I understand youre intent of doing something for the community, but in this group buy, who would the people be paying?

imperfect2099
11-19-2011, 08:26 AM
This would be my first time doing something like this, so to be honest I really don't know how payments would be handled. For the time being all I can do is ask questions and provide information until I can get a firm price from Enkei, at which point the next step will be finding a way to get payments directly to them.