PDA

View Full Version : Need a custom radiator, but from where??

shreddr69
11-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I have an aftermarket turbo, downpipe, wastegate set up on my st165 that is in the way of my radiator. I have about half an inch of clearance between the radiator and the turbo body. Is there someplace I can get a skinnier radiator? The tank of a stock one is like 2 1/4" so I figure anything smaller than 2' would be good as long as the radiator hose inlets are in similar positions. It just needs to be all around, smaller for the rig I have under the hood. I need more room to mount electric fans and to get the radiator in and out if nessesary. I had to manipulate the radiator in and now it seems impossible to get out without destroying the thing. This has been an ongoing frustration in this project, so I would greatly appreciate some solutions. Thanks....

underscore
11-02-2011, 06:18 AM
get a normal rad, and mount pusher fans on the front. Either that or get a rad slightly smaller than what we have stock (from another car) and mount in further forward than the stock one (ie in the space where the AC goes)

85gtsblackman
11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
ive seen setups there this is an issue and people have used large aftermarket civic radiators because they are half the size lenth wise as a normal rad. this is if you can mount the rad to one side or the other