PDA

View Full Version : A-pillar measurements

4thgenceli
10-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Anybody happen to have these handy? Trying to figure out the size of a st162 drivers A-pillar cover. Looking at some gauge pods and don't wanna spend $50 on the direct fit. I'd rather spend $15 on a universal and fit it.

Hookecho
10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
The $15 one I bought fits great on the 5th gen. No cutting needed.

4thgenceli
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Awesome-sauce.

I'm looking at this one.
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Universal-Triple-Gauge-A-Pillar-Pod.aspx

Watching an egay auction for it & a few gauges.

Hookecho
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Got mine at Autozone. Just FYI, some people have issues with the triple gauge pod getting in the way when they turn the steering wheel. Saying their knuckles hit it. I shuffle steer so it wouldn't matter to me. I have the 2 pod pillar though.

4thgenceli
10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Got mine at Autozone. Just FYI, some people have issues with the triple gauge pod getting in the way when they turn the steering wheel. Saying their knuckles hit it. I shuffle steer so it wouldn't matter to me. I have the 2 pod pillar though.

Interesting. I have not heard of this.

Night_Wolf
10-31-2011, 07:46 PM

Interesting. I have not heard of this.

Yea that's no joke, I've done it a couple times usually when backing up though

4thgenceli
10-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Quite interesting actually.

Been doing some visual planning, think two in the pillar two in the radio will work nicely too.

Murgatroy
10-31-2011, 09:02 PM

To be honest, I haven't busted my knuckles on it in months.

Not to say that I won't bust them tonite, but it has been a while.