PDA

View Full Version : Rally or RallyCross anyone?

RallyK
05-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Does anyone here participate in Rally or Rallycross with their celica???

www.ner.org is the New England regional SCCA website. There's a list of local rallycross for the weekend rallier or professional. I'm sure you can get to the other region webpages from there.

On a dreamy note:
Oh how I would love to have an all-trac for rally...

Damn Toyota for not producing a performance car for rally anymore!!!!!! What is this heavy, slow, fwd, street car junk anyway? BAH go back to 4th, 5th, 6th gens! If they just stuck to the 6th gen model all-trac and made it competitive with STI's and EVO's..... well..... then..... This would be heaven, not earth.

MoralWarfare
05-01-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd like to enter my Scirocco into rally-x competition, but the ground clearance in front worries me. I've got about 3 inches or so, and it's just too low to be bombing around on rough roads. Or is it?

I need to find my damn SCCA membership card!

RallyK
05-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Rallycross is pretty brutal, they put in bumps intentionally as part of the course. At those speeds, you'll definitely tear up your bumper. :(
I'm looking for an old all-trac for rally. Although, legacies are a dime a dozen... they're good for rally

MoralWarfare
05-02-2005, 11:12 PM
i'm worried about tearing up my oil pan and cross brace, those two items hang quite low. i wouldn't mind an 88 all-trac for rally-x, but i'd rather start with FWD or RWD due to competition.

RallyK
05-03-2005, 04:27 AM
It is definitely a good idea to start competing in a lower class (ie, FWD, no mods). To get used to the sport and to get good at handling the track. Also it seems like it would be very discouraging to be in the same class with a modified or even stock STI!!!!!!!
I'm thinking of buying this 93 Nissan Sentra from my land lady. As of today I've put 90 bucks into it for a tune up and tomorrow I get to replace the alternator!!!! YAY! The reason I'm doing all this is because she's letting me use it for 2 weeks while I get my Celica worked on (body work/paint). So, still cheaper than renting, but, it's definitely starting to suck. I got stranded in the rain today cuz of dat bunk alt. GRRR

Nemesis3S-GTE
05-06-2005, 08:49 PM
I rallycrossed the All-Trac once last winter. It was a great experience, even though I didn't do too well. The course was set in a field around here the day after we got about 6" of snow. I only had my all-seasons on the car so it was more like ice skating than racing, but it still was a blast. It wasn't too hard on the car, but the people that were running the event made sure that there weren't any really dangerous rocks or bumps on the track. Even with that, two cars still blew tires off by hitting the only bad depression on the course. It really wasn't much harder on the car than autocross is. It probably would have been a better idea to start out in FWD for me as well, but I had the All-Trac here, and it was just begging to go.