PDA

View Full Version : CT-26 turbo gasket kit

buffalohunter7321
10-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Do you have a gasket kit for a CT-26 turbo?
My e-mail is jackandmelodie@hotmail.com
I also need the 90 degree tubeing or pipe comming out of the firewall side of the valve cover and is connected to tubeing and hoseing that goes to the AFM, Mario's oil catch can is installed in this hose or line.

Luni
11-01-2011, 05:16 AM
You should just call Lithia. 541-736-3221

buffalohunter7321
11-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks Luni for the #

Aaron Willis
11-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Luni, I got no notification of the post here. Is something broken again?

The turbocharger gasket set you need was 04175-74010, which is discontinued. I gave you a different part number over the phone because I didn't know you were not working on a Gen2 3SGTE like most of our customers. Since you cannot get the gasket set, you'll have to order the gaskets individually. Since not all the gaskets are still avalable, you may have to try substituting 17279-88381 and 15526-88381 for the two that are discontinued. I don't know whether they'll work or not, so you may just have to try them and see.

17278-88380 - Gasket, manifoild to turbocharger
17279-88380 - Gasket, turbocharger to downpipe - DISCONTINUED
16347-88340 - Gasket, water outlet (2 req'd)
15471-88341 - Gasket, oil line @ turbo
15526-88380 - Gasket, oil line junction - DISCONTINUED

The illustration is what we show for crankcase ventilation hoses. PNCs shown are 12261, 12262, and 12263; part numbers are 12261-88380, 12262-88380, and 12263-74010 respectively. All are discontinued, so you will need to find or make an alternative.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/4/6/5/5/st165venthoses.jpg

Sorry I wasn't able to be more helpful this time around.

Hookecho
11-02-2011, 01:17 AM
I copied this thread into here from another forum. That may be why you wasn't notified, idk.

Aaron Willis
11-02-2011, 01:24 AM
That's probably it. Thanks!

buffalohunter7321
11-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I need that piece of pipe or tubeing that is comming out of the valve cover right next to the oil filler cap. It has a flat top that is round, and hose 12261 connects to it on the left side of hose.

Do you have hi temp. gasket makeing meterial that I can use to make these missing gaskets.

My 88 All-trac is completely stock and has the orginal engine in it, that being a 4th gen 3sgte

Luni
11-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Edit, it is likely cause it was copied in, and wasnt posted originally from the forum.

Aaron Willis
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I need that piece of pipe or tubeing that is comming out of the valve cover right next to the oil filler cap. It has a flat top that is round, and hose 12261 connects to it on the left side of hose.
You are describing the metal elbow shown in the picture. It is part of the valve cover and is not sold separately. Where did yours go?

Do you have hi temp. gasket makeing meterial that I can use to make these missing gaskets.I would not recommend substituting goop from a squeeze tube for a metal gasket. Instead I would suggest getting a sheet of dead soft copper or aluminum and using a hole punch set to replicate the original gaskets.

My 88 All-trac is completely stock and has the orginal engine in it, that being a 4th gen 3sgteSo it's a 4th gen Celica, but it has a 1st gen (Gen1) 3SGTE. It is not as complicated as I am making it sound.
I don't think you mentioned what you had after we moved past the turbo gasket issue, and I assumed it was a common Gen2 like most others.

buffalohunter7321
11-04-2011, 03:05 AM
I am lost and do not know enough about the mechancals of the engines or what engine is what! I have to relie on the pros on this site for guidence and knowlage of what engine is in what car. All I know is that the celica is a 88 All-trac and it is completely bone stock!
Now my other 88 All-trac has a 3rd gen short block with a 2nd gen head with an up graded turbo and is almost road ready. It also has engle rods along with pistons and rings. The crank has been truned along with the rods and rod bearings, main bearings as well to clearance by the mechine shop.
My mechanic is working on a problem with the cold start [something], because the car runs when you start it on carberator cleaner and will run and even accellrate by controlling the throttle by hand, but as soon as you turn it off it will not start again untill you use carborator cleaner/ starting fluid.
The P.O. butchard up the fuse box under the hood that connects to the side of the battery and my mechanic is about to get this starting problem worked out. So should be road ready with in the next few weeks. Hopefully. I have been waiting for almost a year now for this car and will charish the day I finally get to drive it. I'am 63 and fell like a 16 year old getting the family car for the first time on my own.

The 90 degree pipe on the stock was used on the other All-trac because it came with out one . I used it to hook up the oil catch can that Mario designed. There was no hard lines, just rubber hoseing with out the 90 degree pipeing So this why I need another 90 degree pipe for the stock All-trac.
Do I need to buy the valve cover to just get this pipe? I will if I have too.

Aaron Willis
11-09-2011, 11:36 PM
I guess I am confused by what you mean by "90 degree pipe."

The only part that I would consider a pipe is marked as 12221 in the illustration. The full part number is 12221-88380, and it is discontinued.

The only part I see that has a 90-degree component appears to be a fitting that presses into the valve cover, sitting on the end of rubber hose 12261 opposite pipe 12221. If it's a removable PCV valve we may be able to substitute something else. If it is a pressed-in fitting, it is part of the valve cover. The valve cover is 11201-88381 and it is also discontinued.

Can you show us a photo indicating the part you need?

buffalohunter7321
11-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I guess I am confused by what you mean by "90 degree pipe."

The only part that I would consider a pipe is marked as 12221 in the illustration. The full part number is 12221-88380, and it is discontinued.

The only part I see that has a 90-degree component appears to be a fitting that presses into the valve cover, sitting on the end of rubber hose 12261 opposite pipe 12221. If it's a removable PCV valve we may be able to substitute something else. If it is a pressed-in fitting, it is part of the valve cover. The valve cover is 11201-88381 and it is also discontinued.

Can you show us a photo indicating the part you need?

Don't know how to post photo but will try to describe what I need in more detail.
The hard line #12221, follow it to the left in the illastration where it is connected to a rubber hose #12261. Where hose 12261 connects to that :hard line: pipe; tubeing; that is the piece that I need. Now from what I am understanding is that is part of the cover and is no longer available!!!?. On my stock 3sgte, this part is just a 90 degree pipe, just like the one shown in the illastration, on the end going into the cover it has a diam. of 3/4" and about 1" up, it has a 1/4" side nipple at 90 degrees comming out the side close to the top, that hose 12261 connects to it.
When I pulled it out with my fingers it came right out. When I installed it in my other All-trac I just pushed it in with my fingers and connected the hose for my oil catch can [Mario's design] that connects behind the AFM. There was no hard line on this Moded engine, so I used High temp rubber hose and clamps for this installation.
I know you say that the cover and pipe; tubeing is of one unit, but the PO [Navyman over on All-trac.net] who I can no longer get in touch with him, must have done something to the cover because it does not have that part on it. He said he was coing to just use some steel wool inside of the cover to catch the oil being blown out the hole. Some how was going to attach the steel wool some how??? So that when I used the one off the stock cover and connected the oil catch can.
If I can't get one I'll try the local Bobcat shop to see if they can make me one.

Aaron Willis
11-11-2011, 08:35 PM
So the part that you need to replace is the 90-degree elbow at the valve cover. Toyota does not sell it seperately.

One option is to go to a race car fabrication shop and see if they can weld in a threaded bung, then use a commercially available fitting (Earl's, etc) with a 90 degree bend and a nipple of appropriate size to accept the hose.

If you are interesting in learning how to add photos to your posts, there is a sticky thread in General Discussion that may be helpful:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?47810-How-to-post-photos-on-CelicaTech

buffalohunter7321
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
That is the part that I need. I have been trying to buy a used cover in the parts wanted section but no hits as of yet.
Thanks for the info on posting photos. I have done it before but like the old clee-shay " if you don't use it, you loose it"