PDA

View Full Version : 88 celica in dash climate control console heater problem

shreddr69
10-18-2011, 07:48 PM
So my heater slider on the dash control console didn't work at all so I tried a re-solder procedure I found around the net and it works a little better, as in the system makes noise and moves now but just a little bit. Not enough to make the system work properly. Is there anyone here who fixes these or does anyone know where I can get a refurbished one? Toyota doesn't sell them anymore. thanks

T-spoon
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't know of a good source for a replacement unfortunately. I'm sure you know about it but just in case.. you CAN operate it manually in the meantime. Just reach in from the passenger side under the dash area on the console and move the arm to open/close the door. It's a pain but it works. Others have even installed a cable operated lever so that you can move it manually from closer to the steering wheel while driving.

4thgenceli
10-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't know of a good source for a replacement unfortunately. I'm sure you know about it but just in case.. you CAN operate it manually in the meantime. Just reach in from the passenger side under the dash area on the console and move the arm to open/close the door. It's a pain but it works. Others have even installed a cable operated lever so that you can move it manually from closer to the steering wheel while driving.

Speaks the troof.

Best bet is to hit up a junkyard to find one.

shreddr69
11-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Did the junk yard thing but it didn't work. I had a buddy of mine who works on small electronics re solder the whole thing and it works beautifully!