PDA

View Full Version : 5SFE Turbo Options

Doowstados
10-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Are there any turbos other than the CT26 and CT20 turbos that can bolt right up to our cars?

Reason that I ask this is because I'm curious to know if there are any turbos out there that will bolt right up without any other modifications without major reliability loss under small boost. (Say you ran 6-8 PSI on a turbo smaller than a CT26.)

Anyone have any experience with this?

Smaay
10-19-2011, 11:43 PM
for a very simple bolt on, the stock ST185 manifold and turbo is the easiest there is. I also produce a bolt on turbo kit for the 5S-FE. do a search on here or 6GC.net. i have pics all over of it

CollapsedNut
10-20-2011, 12:13 PM
What about remote mount turbo. Thats a simple setup. No manifold swappin. People are still on the wall about remote mounts but I've seen enough that work to put my trust in it. I think I would mount mine where the cat is/was instead of way back at the muffler tho. Something to look into.

Hookecho
10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe for a track car. I wouldn't want a a fragile turbo and oil feed lines to be located under the car. Hello debris.

CollapsedNut
10-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Its all in how you route it. Dont be stupid and stupid things wont happen.

Doowstados
10-21-2011, 06:30 AM
for a very simple bolt on, the stock ST185 manifold and turbo is the easiest there is. I also produce a bolt on turbo kit for the 5S-FE. do a search on here or 6GC.net. i have pics all over of it

Doesn't the ST185 turbo/manifold require other mods in order to ensure reliability?