PDA

View Full Version : Planning out an RC build, what to buy/expect?

underscore
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to shed some light on what mods will need to be done around my restrictions to (ideally) make around 300awhp

- I have an RC
- I want to keep the RC ECU, MAF, WTA intercooler (bigger core would be ok though) and turbo (basically everything RC specific)
- I'd like to make it fairly reliable
- I'm open to getting cams, built bottom end, etc if needed (which every 300hp topic I've seen tends to avoid?)
- We have 94 octane gas here and I'm fine with adding Toluene and likely meth injection

If I can't make 300AWHP like this, what can I realistically expect power wise?

The Captain
10-10-2011, 09:41 PM
This is a good start:

http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/power.htm

underscore
10-11-2011, 01:17 AM
The only problem I have with the primer is that it jumps straight from 275 RWHP (so probably 250AWHP?) to 500+ RWHP.

Still from the sounds of it I need:
- bigger fuel pump
- 3" exhaust
- open element intake (check)
- meth injection
- boost controller
- 264 cams?
- adjustable cam gears?
- upgraded clutch
- lightweight flywheel
- slightly bigger injectors?
- boost gauge (check)
- wideband (check)
- likely an IAT and intercooler water temp gauges?

vip09
10-11-2011, 03:39 AM
You need a larger turbo. The CT26 won't do it for you. Especially not with the stock ECU.

underscore
10-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Well I was told this about the RC turbo:

"The gen 2 CT26 RC/CS turbo came from the factory with an uprated compressor wheel (which is larger) and it has an inconel wheel instead of the frag happy ceramic JDM standard wheels. I measured the compressor wheel as best I could, and its 46mm which is substantially larger than the stock 38mm. So max power output should be somewhere around 300hp to the wheels. We figured it would be smack between the CT20b and the JDM ct26.

Think of it like a supra ct26 but with a twin entry exhaust housing. Its got the same specifications"

if the RC turbo and ECU can't make it up to 300 AWHP, what can it bring me to?

alltracman78
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
The RC AFM/ECU WILL get you further along than the regular [or JDM] AFM/ECU.
I don't know if it will get you to 300 WHP without a piggyback though [which you'll need if you run bigger injectors].

It does run a larger than stock turbo better than a regular setup. But you're going to reach a point where the AFM is still maxed out, and at that point you're either going to have to stop or change the electronics [especially if you want reliability].

Have you thought about using the 205 electronics? Not a lot of difference from an RC harness.

underscore
10-12-2011, 02:23 AM
what parts of the electronics? again, I want to keep the RC ECU and AFM, so if that;'s what will limit me so be it.

UndaGrwnD
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
i also have a RC engine, and a a few months ago the CT26 was replaced with a JDM CT20B. the difference on the RC engine was HUGE...its alot more powerfull now and holds the boost till the red line....so the CT26 must be replaced on your engine with a CT20B or a better turbo.
the ct26 with a 3'' exhaust made 250bhp last year...in a few weeks im going again on the dyno to see what the differance is.

never tought that the differance would be this big.

alltracman78
10-13-2011, 04:56 PM
RC with a larger turbo makes a huge difference.
When I swapped my regular electronics for the RC stuff it was like a whole different car [I've got a larger turbo], a much bigger difference than with a stock turbo.

what parts of the electronics? again, I want to keep the RC ECU and AFM, so if that;'s what will limit me so be it.
Yeah, you'd have to replace the AFM/ECU.