PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Lodging Thread. Fontana Resort.

Pages : [1] 2

Murgatroy
10-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I need some date suggestions so I can put up a poll.

Remember, we like them late in the Spring, early Summer. Too early in Spring and it is still cold, too late in Summer and it is too crowded.

We want to make it easily accessible for the folks still in school.

If any of our sponsors are interested in something, I think we may try getting some t-shirts up this year. We have had shirts in the past, and several of our site sponsors have shown up, but this year I might try something different.

Remember, this is a free event, and as always we expect a high turnout. Take that into consideration.

Discuss!

*EDIT*

The date was voted one. May 19th and 20th.

Now, where are we staying?

alltracNyx
10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Since I am not in school, I have no input for the date. The only thing I will say, is that it is better for me if the date is set in stone before the end of the year. We put in all of our vacation requests at the beginning of January, so I need to know as soon as possible to have dibs on days off.

On a side note, I could help with t-shirts!

Waffles!
10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I am in school until May 7, and I have a wedding to attend the weekend of May 26.

Murgatroy
10-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Whose wedding could be more important than the Dragon?

Physlis
10-07-2011, 10:11 PM
As soon as I find out when my Reserves weekends are and when I'll be in Tech School I will update.

Waffles!
10-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Whose wedding could be more important than the Dragon?

My younger brother's.... I need to be there.

spitfiremk16
10-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Since I am not in school, I have no input for the date. The only thing I will say, is that it is better for me if the date is set in stone before the end of the year. We put in all of our vacation requests at the beginning of January, so I need to know as soon as possible to have dibs on days off.

ill second that, i would also have alot better chance of getting the days off needed if the date is set in stone before then end of december, hoping i can make it down there this year in the alltrac.

manda
10-08-2011, 01:43 AM

ill second that, i would also have alot better chance of getting the days off needed if the date is set in stone before then end of december, hoping i can make it down there this year in the alltrac.

I'm going to third that. I have my internships start in January and go through late June, so getting the time off will be extremely difficult if I don't tell them as soon as I start. In fact, I probably wont get the time off if I don't tell them at the beginning of the year. Other than that, I'm free from mid April to mid June.

CollapsedNut
10-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Im down whenever so I guess I cant help.

Eric Barrera
10-08-2011, 05:10 AM
If I get my license before the date, I'm down to cross country. As long as CBB goes lol

Luni
10-08-2011, 07:09 AM
I dont want this at the end of may this year if it can be helped. Its so much better if we can do it toward the beginning. Even those couple weeks seem to really make a difference in the weather down there. Im pushing for a 2nd weekend sort of thing. Not a last weekend sort of thing.

To be honest, Id LOVE last weekend of april. But all you fucking school pantywaists would complain.

Hookecho
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I have a kid now. So the end of May would be best. Unless I come alone. If that is the case maybe someone can fly into Jackson and ride up with me. We can split the cost of a hotel room. Gas is on me.

4thgenceli
10-08-2011, 03:37 PM
May is really best here too due to school for the kiddos. I am flying this year, I have my money set aside ready to fly into ATL or maybe I would be Bruce's wingman

Sent from my iPhail

CollapsedNut
10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I have a kid now. So the end of May would be best. Unless I come alone. If that is the case maybe someone can fly into Jackson and ride up with me. We can split the cost of a hotel room. Gas is on me.

HOLD THE FUCK ON. When the hell did you get a kid?! You didnt think you needed to tell me this?! WTF

kungFUBAR
10-08-2011, 07:14 PM
If things go as planned, I'll only be available in early April or mid to late August...so it looks like my record will be 1-4 now lol

The Captain
10-08-2011, 11:32 PM
How long have these people been is school? Geezus, next thing I'm going hear Facime has finals in May. I agree the end of May was a little hot. Then again what good is a meet that nobody can go to. I've already put in for my 2012 vaca. So it's a crap shoot for me as always.

Murgatroy
10-09-2011, 12:36 AM
How long have these people been is school? Geezus, next thing I'm going hear Facime has finals in May. I agree the end of May was a little hot. Then again what good is a meet that nobody can go to. I've already put in for my 2012 vaca. So it's a crap shoot for me as always.

He says as he hasn't missed a meet in years...

MCcelica
10-09-2011, 12:50 AM
I have the 16th through the 20th as dates for my May Drill. Also will be in school. Although my classes normally go on Thursday nights. Other than that, freakin I'll make "work" work around me.

Nate84
10-10-2011, 03:24 AM
I'd love to go back whenever next spring....so yeah my vote goes for sometime late april early may

alltracNyx
10-10-2011, 03:38 PM
^ He lives!

I've only seen a handful of posts from you since the Dragon meet. Stop lurking!

Mafix
10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
honestly, it was so goddamn hot this year. i'd much prefer to wear a jacket than melt.

Waffles!
10-10-2011, 04:17 PM
honestly, it was so goddamn hot this year. i'd much prefer to wear a jacket than melt.

This!

alltracNyx
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Agreed. I'd like to not get sunburnt and melt while sitting in the car, especially with an all black interior.

But as it stands, it is looking like the earliest date that will accomodate most is 5/12/12-5/13/12?

BabyBear
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Guess I'm good whenever. I can get work off pretty much whenever, so long as something retarded doesn't come up. Doubt that'll happen though.

Waffles!
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
So, just because I have class until May 7 (or thereabouts) does not mean that I am opposed to the idea of an April meet. Honestly, I think a mid-April meet would be awesome.

alltracNyx
10-11-2011, 01:38 AM
So does anyone have an issue with one of the last two weekends in April to the point that it would stop them from going altogether?

manda
10-11-2011, 03:23 AM
So does anyone have an issue with one of the last two weekends in April to the point that it would stop them from going altogether?
my car won't be back together by then.. so I'd have to either fly in or ride with you and/or Chris...

Waffles!
10-11-2011, 03:44 AM
I would prefer we not have the meet the last weekend of April due to the proximity of final exams, however, I am in favor of the second to last weekend of April.

alltracNyx
10-11-2011, 04:38 AM
my car won't be back together by then.. so I'd have to either fly in or ride with you and/or Chris...

I see no problem with this, especially if we take two cars. One car may be a bit cramped. However, if the meet was May 12th-13th, would your car be back together then? That's only 2-3 more weeks, and it's not like you'd be home (ATL) during that time to fix it...

manda
10-11-2011, 04:47 AM
I see no problem with this, especially if we take two cars. One car may be a bit cramped. However, if the meet was May 12th-13th, would your car be back together then? That's only 2-3 more weeks, and it's not like you'd be home (ATL) during that time to fix it...

Probably not. I'm aiming for being home for a few weeks (maybe) late in the summer... but I'm not sure yet.. It all depends on how next semester pans out for when I decide to take classes... but with the internship running through June, I might as well just stay and take classes then so that I actually get some sort of break later on. so the car will get fixed at some point.. but I'm not sure when....

Luni
10-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Manda, dont you have a BF whos a mechanic type person? Why cant he get it taken care of for you?

Im so much more in favor of doing this in April if possible. Ive done it in April and May, and its better in April.

manda
10-11-2011, 05:02 AM
i do, and a father that owns an auto repairs shop... but that's not the point. I want to do the swap mahself. If mah dad does it, he's putting another 7a in... if I do it (with help of course)... its getting a much better engine and a manual conversion (as go the plans so far). But it all hinges on my spring loan money to get the parts and whatnot. Besides, Justin knows i'd be mad if i came home to a car i didn't get to do any work to

so in short, I'm stubborn and am willing to wait to get it done how I want :)

Waffles!
10-11-2011, 05:48 AM
I want to do the swap mahself....if I do it (with help of course)... its getting a much better engine and a manual conversion (as go the plans so far).

Why can't you be lesbian?

vip09
10-11-2011, 07:07 AM
I have school until May 10th. I'm GOOD after that!!

Hookecho
10-11-2011, 04:59 PM
April is good for me then. I'll find me a wingman.

4thgenceli
10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
April is good for me then. I'll find me a wingman.

Hai thare :P

manda
10-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Why can't you be lesbian?

bc i like teh cock too much?

Hookecho
10-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Timmah the wingman.

JDM SNUKUMZ
10-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Likes it so much she can't even write full sentences lol.

If its april I might no be able to because that is when they have spring fling meet for the mr2 over but I haven't heard nothing yet. Ill deff most likely be flying in if I do go so can anybody hook me up with a ride?

Angel

The Captain
10-12-2011, 08:49 PM

win

Hmm. Princess or Turbo vert.....

Luni
10-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Pick whatever you want cappy. Ill be driving the other one :)

alltracNyx
10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Pick whatever you want cappy. Ill be driving the other one :)

And then we can all play musical cars with passengers like this year's Dragon?

Luni
10-13-2011, 01:12 AM
And then we can all play musical cars with passengers like this year's Dragon?

Yep. But if youre riding with me again Stac, you need to show more cleav.

alltracNyx
10-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Yep. But if youre riding with me again Stac, you need to show more cleav.

That's not exactly difficult for me. I've got plenty of cleavage.

And if get my st165 done in time and drive it there next year, you can ride with me :D Though I'd only wanna see your cleavage if you wax your bear moobs first!

manda
10-13-2011, 01:59 AM
That's not exactly difficult for me. I've got plenty of cleavage.

And if get my st165 done in time and drive it there next year, you can ride with me :D Though I'd only wanna see your cleavage if you wax your bear moobs first!

i guess ill be riding w chris while this is happening?

The Captain
10-13-2011, 02:22 AM
That's not exactly difficult for me. I've got plenty of cleavage. :yes:

Waffles!
10-13-2011, 04:10 AM

Or me....

allTRACway
10-13-2011, 04:17 AM
i should be home around the end of may so mid june for me like the 15th sounds like a good date

manda
10-13-2011, 05:38 AM
i should be home around the end of may so mid june for me like the 15th sounds like a good date

ya.. about that... that is far too late for the dragon meet to be done...

CriScO
10-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Sure. :hehe: :sneaky:

alltracNyx
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM

This is a late April/early May meet for a reason. It'll be way too hot and there will be a million people there in June.

Sure. :hehe: :sneaky:

Wrong Chris. She meant my Chris.

CriScO
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Wrong Chris. She meant my Chris.
I know that, hence the smilies. ;)

dstock1088
10-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey guys. I am new to this site but old to Celicas. I want in. I took my honda fit on the dragon last month and now I want to take my celica.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.890315,-94.790629

Mafix
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
may sounds good to me. mabye even have my boost settled. so no 30psi surges, lol!
and fast group please. slow group was nice but way off pace. with the new setup i think i'll have no issues keeping pace with cappy.

Mafix
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
oh and might have room for a rider. i believe i'll be with the NE 16x train this time.

Luni
10-13-2011, 11:53 PM
You arent going to drive that thing out again are you? Didnt you say last year youll trailer the bitch?

The Captain
10-14-2011, 12:27 AM
oh and might have room for a rider.
Why be so cruel?

Lonestag
10-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Man, I'm just praying that it's not the same weekend as rock on the range. I mean, I might even consider skipping ROTR for celica's, but I'd love to do both.
It really sucked missing last year, don't wanna to it again.

Well, here I am talking like I'm going to have a celica on the road by then...

UtahSleeper
10-14-2011, 03:02 AM
If vacation allows, and my corolla is still good, I plan on attending just to put faces to names.

MCcelica
10-15-2011, 01:08 AM
My 6th gen needs more miles, and my 7th gen needs less. Lol

CriScO
10-15-2011, 01:30 AM
My 6th gen needs more miles, and my 7th gen needs less. Lol
Exactly, I have 100K more on the coupe than the hatchback.

Demz
10-15-2011, 02:18 AM
I don't think I will be getting married again this year, so we will try to make it, dual Celi style. Finals end April 26, so things are sounding pretty good for me shoulda bringing a 3rd gen.

METDeath
10-15-2011, 04:46 PM
As always, I just need dates since I can request vacation way in advance.

Luni
10-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Fuck your vacation.

Waffles!
10-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Fuck your vacation.

That's the idea.

METDeath
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
^ In regards to the above two posts... that's what I try to do :lolhitting:

donteatbugs
10-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Just saw this thread. Me and john were talking about this meet and I think we should change the location of where we stay. I went to the R32 meet last year and they stay at Fontana Village. This is the best choice for staying together and also getting the most driving done in the 2 days. The other choice that is decent is robbinsville, nc.

www.fontanavillage.com (http://www.fontanavillage.com/accommodations/cabins.html)

A=Robbinsville
B=Fontana Village
C=Dragon

Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Robbinsville,+NC+28771&daddr=Fontana+Rd+to:N+Carolina+28+N&hl=en&sll=35.425707,-83.807831&sspn=0.145197,0.308647&geocode=FfL7GgIdWTMB-ymhFrijXsZeiDFDnNdSoDE46Q%3BFbuxHAId5O0A-w%3BFSoqHQId0Hv_-g&vpsrc=0&gl=us&mra=mi&mrsp=2&sz=12&t=m&z=12)

Murgatroy
10-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Just saw this thread. Me and john were talking about this meet and I think we should change the location of where we stay. I went to the R32 meet last year and they stay at Fontana Village. This is the best choice for staying together and also getting the most driving done in the 2 days. The other choice that is decent is robbinsville, nc.

http://www.fontanavillage.com/accommodations/cabins.html (www.fontanavillage.com)

A=Robbinsville
B=Fontana Village
C=Dragon

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=robbinsville+nc&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885ec65ea3b816a1:0xe93831a052d79c43,Robbin sville,+NC&gl=us&ei=meSdToK0GeLh0QGSyaiyCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CDoQ8gEwAQ (Map)How early in advance would we have to book our rooms?

I wouldn't mind camping either since we are throwing this out there.

Waffles!
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
You know.... that might be a really good idea.

Lonestag
10-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm all for camping, but i'm sure there would be a few skeptics. Also at the mercy of weather to a greater degree.

Waffles!
10-19-2011, 03:16 AM
I was thinking a cabin would be bamf. Some of them have jacuzzi tubs in them.

Grot
10-19-2011, 05:40 AM
I was thinking a cabin would be bamf. Some of them have jacuzzi tubs in them.

If there is a jacuzzi or hot tub. you are not allowed in, unless topless.

All the guys are topless so you must be too.

Waffles!
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
If there is a jacuzzi or hot tub. you are not allowed in, unless topless.

All the guys are topless so you must be too.

I was thinking about sexing Marshall (and maybe some of the ctech girlies) in said hot tub...

alltracNyx
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I was thinking about sexing Marshall (and maybe some of the ctech girlies) in said hot tub...

Hmmmm......

Hipster Lawrence
10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
How early in advance would we have to book our rooms?

I wouldn't mind camping either since we are throwing this out there.

We would probably want to book the rooms ASAP. like in a month or less. Early-mid may is prime AT thru hiking season and the lodge will be packed with thru hikers most likely. Plus it's just a popular place that time of year. Also im not sure that the management there will be too keen on our crew partying all night.

I'd vote for Robbinsville for hotels. Camping is easy. Almost every pulloff on the skyway is a trailhead where one could walk in and camp. There is a campground not far from deals gap off 28. And I know a spot north of Robbinsville that is awesome for anyone willing to drive their car on a gravel forest service road.

Murgatroy
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
We would probably want to book the rooms ASAP. like in a month or less. Early-mid may is prime AT thru hiking season and the lodge will be packed with thru hikers most likely. Plus it's just a popular place that time of year. Also im not sure that the management there will be too keen on our crew partying all night.

I'd vote for Robbinsville for hotels. Camping is easy. Almost every pulloff on the skyway is a trailhead where one could walk in and camp. There is a campground not far from deals gap off 28. And I know a spot north of Robbinsville that is awesome for anyone willing to drive their car on a gravel forest service road.That would be my idea of a vacation. I don't mind primitive hike in camping.

However for a group, I think an improved campsite might be better.

Hipster Lawrence
10-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Yeah I thought about that too.

Rattler ford campground is off 143 and if I remember right it's pretty big. For everyone else it's off the road that leads up to the skyway. Between Robbinsville and the gap.

Hipster Lawrence
10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Really though for except for the inconvenience holiday inn is the best IMO. Any resort or campground is likely to get pissed about us being loud at 4 am.

donteatbugs
10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
^You would be wrong about that one...

The Fontana Village is great for partying. Better than the hotel even. There is a bar or you can bring your own booze. We stayed up past 1am most nights. We drove the dragon til 3am one morning and came in with no complaints by the staff. This place is made for car meets. They even have parking lots that we can park and chat in. The only down side is if its too expensive for some people. But with the cabins being large enough for at least 6 people then after the cost is split then its not bad. We would need to book our rooms in January at least. I dont remember when we booked ours this year but it was 3 months in advance I think.

Fontana is Bear friendly

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/217424_665633827823_51206923_34869745_7043299_n.jp g

The cabins are really mobile homes btw.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222237_665631118253_51206923_34869657_3886782_n.jp g

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217216_665915822703_51204193_34874786_2821099_n.jp g

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225785_665915857633_51204193_34874787_2167911_n.jp g

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/215641_665916930483_51204193_34874818_4522015_n.jp g

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217168_665634526423_51206923_34869778_2350518_n.jp g

Fontana Dam=great photos and meeting place

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227127_665916012323_51204193_34874792_404261_n.jpg

http://hphotos-sea1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228727_665916261823_51204193_34874799_2201945_n.jp g

alltracNyx
10-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I like the idea of Fontana Village, and I'd be down for that or the Holiday Inn again (provided that Dusty doesn't get us in trouble at the bar again), but we still need to set a date. I checked the availability at Fontana Village, and their calendar shows "scarce availability" for the fist weekend in May (6th-7th), so that wouldn't be good for us with a big group.

METDeath
10-19-2011, 09:50 PM
My thing is that with the Holiday Inn in Knoxville... it's free for me... so that helps me out a ton...

donteatbugs
10-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Id rather do it in april, may is so hot

Hookecho
10-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Well, I like the camping idea. So if Murg and anyone else wants to rough it then I'm down. I'm not going to drag a tent with me. I prefer to build a lean-to with a tarp. A nice fire, food on the fire, beer, and some horrible guitar playing.

BabyBear
10-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I also prefer April to May

Hipster Lawrence
10-19-2011, 11:05 PM
With bugs' new info I'd vote for the village. I'm always down to camp too.

I'm cool with april but remember it can be really cold still. It can be 20 at night or it might be 60 at night. Early spring is a crap shoot in the smokies. It's also very wet that time of year. And there is the unlikely chance that the skyway will be frosty. Just keep that in mind especially if you're planning on sleeping outside.

Hipster Lawrence
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not going to drag a tent with me. I prefer to build a lean-to with a tarp. A nice fire, food on the fire, beer, and some horrible guitar playing.

Nice. I'm an ultralight backpacker. Haven't carried a tent in a backpack in years. Just a 14oz sylnylon tarp. But car camping, ill probably bring a tent an inflatable thermarest pad and a pillow from my bed. Why not?

Hookecho
10-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah, why not.

A river or stream would be nice too.

Murgatroy
10-19-2011, 11:25 PM
They have improved campsites at Fontana Village as well, they range from $20-$30 a night. I may go this route.

CollapsedNut
10-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I can share a tent with you and bruce right? Be just like old times...

Hipster Lawrence
10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
They have improved campsites at Fontana Village as well, they range from $20-$30 a night. I may go this route.

This sounds good. The sites are probably good for at least 2 if not 3-4 tents.

Also I have extra.

1 man tent
1 man tarp
20 degree bag
3/4 length sleeping pad
If anyone needs to borrow anything.

Hookecho
10-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I'll bring the air mattress and Desitin.

4thgenceli
10-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll bring the air mattress and Desitin.

Now I am afraid to ride and bunk with you......

Sent from my iPhail

Hookecho
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Yay! We have a cook.

Murgatroy
10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
What happened to roughing it? I figured we would eat fish.

Sent from my lair with smoke and mirrors.

donteatbugs
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yall are weird...im getting a cabin

alltracNyx
10-21-2011, 09:59 PM

Werd.

Waffles!
10-21-2011, 10:37 PM
+1 for a cabin

How about all the ctech girlies get a cabin together?

Murgatroy
10-21-2011, 10:50 PM
+1 for a cabin

How about all the ctech girlies get a cabin together?

I have a four person tent...

Sent from my lair with smoke and mirrors.

Waffles!
10-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I call ctech girles in a cabin with me. No arguments. No excuses.

Waffles!
10-22-2011, 01:13 AM
No arguments. No excuses.

vip09
10-22-2011, 01:40 AM

That sounds like a plan sir!

CriScO
10-22-2011, 01:50 AM
I call ctech girles and Crisco in a cabin with me. No arguments. No excuses.
Fixed.

The Captain
10-22-2011, 02:18 AM
This

MCcelica
10-22-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm seriously going to dig me a fighting hole. That sounds like so much awesomeness.

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Am I the only one you bought a Celica to sleep in?

Pssh bed bugs and roaches when I got lumbar support and a view of the stars.

MCcelica
10-22-2011, 08:01 AM
You know what? Even if all of yall do decide to stick with the Holliday Inn... I'm still gonna dig me a fighting hole!

Hookecho
10-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Fox hole ftw.

MCcelica
10-22-2011, 03:17 PM
It might be a fox hole in the Army. Marines? When we're sleeping in the ground, it's called a fighting hole. :D

Luni
10-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Thats cause youre gay. Fox hole sounds so much cooler.

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
I heard whether you're in the Marines or in prison, the hardest one to enter is a fighting hole. Such a struggle for bareback luvin'.

Mafix
10-22-2011, 06:20 PM
You arent going to drive that thing out again are you? Didnt you say last year youll trailer the bitch?
probabily driving out again. i hated it so much i need to experience it again! lol. (glutton for punishment)

and seriously, i think i'll be solo. like 98% sure. so call dibs.

Mafix
10-22-2011, 06:27 PM
and i'm NOT down for camping. my spine will be bad enough after the drive.

MCcelica
10-23-2011, 06:23 AM
I heard whether you're in the Marines or in prison, the hardest one to enter is a fighting hole. Such a struggle for bareback luvin'.

Thats why I be in a fightin' hole and have a fightin' hole... wait what?

:hehe:

Physlis
11-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Finally got to my first Reserves weekend and got the schedule for all upcoming weekends. From what I have I'll be on duty March 3-4th, April 14-15th and May 5-6th. There are alternate dates but I highly doubt them cancelling a weekend that time of year.
As far as my impending Tech school goes I'm free until June so as long as we don't plan for the above days, and providing I don't have any mechanical problems, I'll be there.

cms-gt4
11-08-2011, 02:29 AM
I thought a fighting hole was anything that gets fisted.

The Captain
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I'll be camped out at the nearest Crowne Plaza.

Hipster Lawrence
11-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Just checked and the first weekend in may is already booke solid in the hotel. If we are really planning on staying at Fontana we need to decide soon and the hotel peeps need to reserve their rooms sooner rathe than later.

Hipster Lawrence
11-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Of cours I'm not even sure my car will be back on the road by then dammit.

Mafix
11-14-2011, 07:38 PM
i'm waiting on the real post to come up. then when it's finalized on the dates and such i'll find a hotel

alltracNyx
11-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Murg, can you post a poll for the date so everyone can vote on it? Once we decide on a date, we can see what will be available for a hotel. I love the idea of Fontana Village, but most people probably aren't going to be able to book their hotel 5 months in advance. That may force some people to stay in separate places.

Luni
11-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I go where the boobs are.

alltracNyx
11-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I go where the boobs are.

So NOT Hooters or Spice Rack? I usually leave feeling disappointed when they have less than I do :(

Azzazzyn
11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
jesus, wtf is it with all these pussies complaining about the weather. Mafix, you get plenty of humidity here. and luni, you're just a fag

METDeath
11-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Spice rack closed....

Luni
11-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Im a fag cause I want to go where the boobs are?

Mafix
11-15-2011, 04:17 PM
weather?!? i'm only bitching about the 100 degree cabin temps, lol. heres a novel idea, you ride with me the whole time and see how miserable you are. then, literally, you can feel my pain. until that happens...

Murgatroy
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Pick the one that best fits your schedule.

We still need to determine where we are staying.

Murgatroy
11-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Locked until after the poll is done. You have till the end of the month to be heard.

Murgatroy
11-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Vote, or you don't have a right to bitch.

manda
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Vote, or you don't have a right to bitch.

i'm a woman, I bitch regardless of whether you give me the right or not..... :)

but in reality, I don't know if I'll be there this year.

Mafix
11-15-2011, 07:52 PM
you have no choices in such. you will be there. if one of us have to drag you, kicking and screaming.

alltracNyx
11-15-2011, 09:20 PM
I have already told her this, especially if we end up bringing two cars.

Murgatroy
11-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Get a little bit of chloroform. She will put up much less of a fight that way.

alltracNyx
11-15-2011, 09:56 PM

You have some extra handy? I ran out and I'm too lazy to order more...

I voted for 4/21-4/22 because I would prefer cooler weather, but any of these dates work for me really. I just hope Chris isn't put on any crazy projects at work next year. We won't know until much closer to the date, but if we both get our vacation requests for 2012 in around New Year's, I think we'll be safe.

celica9303
11-15-2011, 10:41 PM
i voted april 22.... though i cant be in attendance...again....fml

family vacation to texas/house hunting/ job hunting........yay for multi tasking....lol

The Captain
11-15-2011, 11:14 PM

Murg reveals his foreplay technique LOL!

Hookecho
11-15-2011, 11:50 PM

Murg reveals his foreplay technique LOL!

Things make sense now.

manda
11-16-2011, 04:40 AM
you have no choices in such. you will be there. if one of us have to drag you, kicking and screaming.

I have already told her this, especially if we end up bringing two cars.

I have my internship plus possibly work, don't know if I'll be able to get away from either, and I prolly wont until close to the date... We'll see

Waffles!
11-16-2011, 05:19 AM
I voted for April 14-15. I don't want finals to get in the way.

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Murg reveals his foreplay technique for women. LOL!

Fixed.

He still likes it rough with the boys.

Mafix
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I have my internship plus possibly work, don't know if I'll be able to get away from either, and I prolly wont until close to the date... We'll see

well in that case we are going to need a lot of chloroform. mabye you won't get buzzed. everyone else around you will be a different story.

Lace
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
As of right now any of those dates are open for me. I was hoping that one of the weekends was around a holiday so Aaron would have a donza and be able to join...but no such luck. So in that case because any of the weekends work for me so I am not going to vote and I will leave the voting up to people who really have an opinion. But I am paying attention :)

CriScO
11-17-2011, 02:24 AM
Yeah, me and my sugar daddy are broke, I may end up having to bitch out one more year.

Waffles!
11-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Yeah, me and my sugar daddy are broke, I may end up having to bitch out one more year.

Fuck you.

Find a proper Sugar Daddy. Like I did. Except mine doesn't spend money on car parts for me.

Hipster Lawrence
11-17-2011, 01:39 PM
I picked the latest date so I won't end up rushing too much to get the car on the road.

The Captain
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM

BurnyD III

CriScO
11-18-2011, 01:38 AM
BurnyD III
No no no, when did I ever say I was coming? You have to repeatedly claim you'll be there then recant last minute to be a BurnyD. :p

Mafix
11-18-2011, 02:52 AM
he has a point

Waffles!
11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Crisco: I'm holding your red pimp hat for ransom.

alltracNyx
11-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Crisco: I'm holding your red pimp hat for ransom.

You've been holding it for the last year and a half. He needs to find a sugar daddy that actually has money ASAP.

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I heard claiming that you had Justin Bieber's baby works. New project for CriScO: steal human child, hold ransom as Bieber Baby.

The Captain
11-19-2011, 02:13 AM
No no no, when did I ever say I was coming? You have to repeatedly claim you'll be there then recant last minute to be a BurnyD. :p
Good point.

vip09
11-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Anything after May 10th is good for me.

Waffles!
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Anything after May 10th is good for me.

I'm sorry, but fuck that. It'll be too hot.

vip09
11-19-2011, 11:29 PM
You have a/c and removable clothing I presume?

Hipster Lawrence
11-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Why don't you guys just fix your ac?

Waffles!
11-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Why don't you guys just fix your ac?

<--- student

I have no money to fix the AC in my car, unless some one else wants to pay for it.

vip09
11-20-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm a student and I'm building a 700whp MR2. Fix your a/c! :)

Luni
11-20-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm a student and I'm building a 700whp MR2. Fix your a/c! :)

That car is going to kill you.

vip09
11-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Well with my track record I will probably end up killing it first.

Hipster Lawrence
11-21-2011, 01:01 AM
<--- student

I have no money to fix the AC in my car, unless some one else wants to pay for it.

What is wrong with it? It can't cost that much.

vip09
11-21-2011, 01:09 AM
My guess is a leaky o-ring. I bet it could be fixed for under $100. O-ring kit, new drier/receiver, and r134.

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Full O-Ring Kit - $20 (NAPA)
New Drier - $24 (NAPA)
Vacuum + Coolant - $90 (AC shop)

At worst, you need new hoses or new hard lines. Check out a local PAP. This can all be done for well under $200 in time for the Dragon. If you have access to an air compressor, you can apply a strong vacuum using a $15 tool from Harbor Freight with $35 worth of r134a you buy yourself.

DO EET.

Waffles!
11-21-2011, 03:18 AM
I don't have a spare $5 to spend on the car, let alone $100 or $200. I'm not going to mess with the AC system myself. There's a shop around here that specializes in Toyotas that, when I do have the money, the car will be taken to.

If one of you wants to try to fix what Cappy and Luni couldn't be my guest.

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Cardboard window scoop + wet t-shirt = AC

No way you would turn down that kind of AC.

Car_Barn_Bandit
11-21-2011, 06:32 AM
All of mankinds great achievements have had this common goal. Take a moment to realize the power or boobs.

Sent via Imperial Comlink

vip09
11-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Vote May! :)

rizin
11-22-2011, 05:57 AM
I am coming to this damn thing for once I need a weekend so I can plan which grand parent is going to watch my kids. The vehicle might attend is 01' Dodge or a Honda Accord at this point but we are going to be there.

Mafix
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM
what's this a/c thing you guys keep talking about:thinking:?

alltracNyx
11-22-2011, 06:04 PM
but we are going to be there

Uh oh, we may have another burnyD.....

vip09
11-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Come spend a summer down here in this gulf coast humidity and you will get very friendly with that a/c LOL

Murgatroy
11-22-2011, 11:31 PM

A power robbing accessory that real men remove from their vehicle.

Luni
11-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Jaz, in mine and Cappys defense, all we did was attempt to recharge it. We never pulled anything apart and changed any parts. Its not that we "couldnt" fix it. Its that we "couldnt" fix it in the timeframe we had and we didnt have any parts to throw at it to try.

Also I want to say, please do us a favor and dont vote if you dont have any intention of coming. To be blunt if youre not attending, your opinion doesnt matter.

Luni
11-23-2011, 06:56 PM

I think on an MR2 Turbo its been dyoned at ~7whp loss with the AC on. On a turboed car you lose more than that just day to day based on weather. Fuck that. My MR2s AC blows nice and cold. Im not getting rid of it. Hell no.

allTRACway
11-23-2011, 07:22 PM
i voted late may hopping my demobe is done and i can make it even if it is in the trailblaser or a neon if not this year next year for sure i hope

Hipster Lawrence
11-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I think on an MR2 Turbo its been dyoned at ~7whp loss with the AC on. On a turboed car you lose more than that just day to day based on weather. Fuck that. My MR2s AC blows nice and cold. Im not getting rid of it. Hell no.

7 WHP seems high.

I'd wouldn't matter because afaik newer toyotas turn the compressor off at wot. Once I'm on megasquirt my 20v will work that way as well.

I've ran my ac on the dragon at every meet I've been to.

The Captain
11-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Well then slap a wig on me and call me bitch! 'Cause I aint taking my a/c out fer nuttin.

I also figured out what is wrong with Jaz' car. The expansion valve is fubar.

Hipster Lawrence
11-24-2011, 03:05 AM
That explains her not being able to afford the repair. Probably gotta pull the evaporator to get at it.

Hookecho
11-25-2011, 08:10 PM
End of May is good for me. I think the wife wants to come along.

Physlis
11-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Both high-voted weekends are good for me so unless I get assigned on some extra duty or the car does something stupid, I'll be there.

Mafix
12-04-2011, 02:40 AM
car hits the shop next week for the new turbo setup. then hopefully i get time to redo the body and paint. if not it'll look mostly the same on the outside. i'm not going to miss the meet for some body stuff. i'll just park next to murg.

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-04-2011, 02:45 AM
You can save his nut imprints in the basecoat and clearcoat it to save forever.

allTRACway
12-05-2011, 06:15 AM
yay vote the last weekend in may mutha fickets or ill haunt you in your dreams

donteatbugs
12-06-2011, 02:34 PM
damnit, i dont want to go in may.....fing hot

Waffles!
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM

this.

BabyBear
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Agree'd!

alltracNyx
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
So then, who voted for late May that is DEFINITELY going?

Murgatroy
12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Thus the poll has been finalized.

Where are we staying?

Waffles!
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
If we are indeed going in May, I'm not taking the MR2, unless by some miracle, I can get the AC fixed. Looks like I'll be riding with Marshall again.

donteatbugs
12-06-2011, 09:02 PM
who the fuck voted may? this is craptastic

BabyBear
12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I sure as hell didn't.

Waffles!
12-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Truth. Freaking hot as balls... So not camping weather.

Jaz, if you dont take the MR2 who am I going to ride with?

Sent from Maggie's phone ;)

Well, we can take the 2, but you'll be sweating balls all weekend long.

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
If last weekend in May it is, y'all enjoy the Dragon. I have to choose going to a meet or being in my only sister's wedding. I have decided wedding.

Hookecho
12-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Maybe another poll is in order. After reading the thread again it seems that some people changed their minds after they had already voted.

vip09
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
If it is any earlier than May 10th I can't go. I am taking 6 classes and can't afford to fall behind.

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Would it be easier to have everyone vote for the dates they CAN go? Or have everyone post up which weekends they have available? That way a decision could be made that include the most people.

UtahSleeper
12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, right now everyone is just saying why that is a bad time frame. It seems most have an issue cause of weather.

For the people that voted the 19th and 20th, why did you?

I voted for that cause I want to try and make this and my boys go to thier grandma's about then, so easier for me to take extended time off. Although, my vote shouldn't hold much merit since I haven't been to one and I am only hoping to make it.

CollapsedNut
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
whos gonna need an engine swap afew days before the dragon this year? ;)

Murgatroy
12-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Fuck it then.

Dragon is cancelled.

Y'all have a good year!

Murgatroy
12-07-2011, 12:36 AM
See the new poll.

Murgatroy
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
This will be up one week.

After this the date will be set.

Do not vote if you do not intend to come.

If the votes are close, the date containing the most previous attendees will win.

This will be an open poll.

This will be final.

vip09
12-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks murg I think the result will be more accurate this way.

Hipster Lawrence
12-07-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm cool with whatever. My preference is later but the weather factor doesn't bother me.

rizin
12-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks Murg!

Physlis
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
This should work much better. As soon as I find my weekend duty sheet I'll vote.

Waffles!
12-07-2011, 07:28 PM
/voted

donteatbugs
12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
now i see who i need to piss on

Hookecho
12-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Golden shower

CollapsedNut
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Why would you even vote Bruce, you'r not gonna come.

Hookecho
12-08-2011, 12:37 AM
You telling what to do?

CollapsedNut
12-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Maybe. What you gonna do about it?

Hookecho
12-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Break a Snap-On screwdriver off in your cornhole, slap you with a dirty bath rag, and blow soap bubbles in your face with your body wash. Might even suffocate you with Murg's sock and undies.

CollapsedNut
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Damnit Murg, we left Bruce with too many weapons!

MCcelica
12-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I can't do April 21-22 due to training. But the week after would be fine. But May 5-6 is preferable for me.

celicatuner92
12-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Any weekend in may is fine by me more te to fix one of the celicas lol

donteatbugs
12-13-2011, 02:12 AM
this is sad, everyone wants to go a different day...and i dont think andy can go any of them

CollapsedNut
12-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Whats the deal. Get in the damn car. Drive.

vip09
12-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Well, maybe next year then. Ya'll have fun! :)

celicatuner92
12-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Dont really matter to me when it is ill still be there. Hope to see everyone there.

manda
12-15-2011, 01:19 AM
I can't do April 21-22 due to training.

if Seth's not there, I'm not there either. so I guess you all better get Seth there..... just saying :P

donteatbugs
12-15-2011, 02:16 AM
this is a cluster fuck

alltracNyx
12-15-2011, 03:17 AM
this is a cluster fuck

Werd. I didn't vote because the date doesn't really matter to me, so long as I can put in my vacation time by the end of the month.

manda
12-15-2011, 05:36 AM
I didn't vote because the date doesn't really matter to me, so long as I can put in my vacation time by the end of the month.

this.. but mine was more so bc I dont know when Justin is going to boot camp so I'm not obligating myself to be at the Dragon if that's the week he leaves. plus my internship hasn't started so I haven't figured that out yet. oh, and you and Chris are my ride if I go...

Hipster Lawrence
12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
this is a cluster fuck

Yep. Here is an idea set a date like the last weekend in April or first weekend in may and leave it. Permanently. Either that or let Murg and Luni set the date and everyone else just live with it.

Mafix
12-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Yep. Here is an idea set a date like the last weekend in April or first weekend in may and leave it. Permanently. Either that or let Murg and Luni set the date and everyone else just live with it.

this

METDeath
12-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I think the majority of us work jobs where we can ask for time off, so simply need to know when to ask off. I think we're down to about six or seven full time students that will show up on a regular basis.

celicatuner92
12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
I think the majority of us work jobs where we can ask for time off, so simply need to know when to ask off. I think we're down to about six or seven full time students that will show up on a regular basis.

Exactly the sooner we know the better so I can let the boss know

Mafix
12-18-2011, 02:46 AM
chop chop, lets get this ball rolling.

Hookecho
12-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Murg went AWOL. The Dragon is cancelled.

The Captain
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Meet moved to Jackson MS.

METDeath
12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Meet moved to Jackson MS.

Blackman gonna get raped.

donteatbugs
12-19-2011, 05:35 PM
phucital, Im going to the dragon and staying at fontana village. If i see you i'll wave. kthxbye

Murgatroy
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
The date is set, in stone.

No changes.

April 21-22.

Next year I am picking a date and that is when it will happen.

Mafix
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
yay. time to take off work.

The Captain
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
The date is set, in stone.

No changes.

April 21-22.

Next year I am picking a date and that is when it will happen.

Smoke signal from secret lair fairly clear!

donteatbugs
12-19-2011, 09:54 PM
yay, S2000s will be waking the dragon the 14th-15th so we will miss all the fast cars in our way.

Mafix
12-19-2011, 10:04 PM
time off taken. now to get moe in gear on the new turbo stuff.

celicatuner92
12-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Sweet a set date. Hopefully I can break my curse and come in an all-trac this year.

4thgenceli
12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Sweet a set date. Hopefully I can break my curse and come in an all-trac this year.

Hopefully I can just come.

CollapsedNut
12-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Will MudHoney be ready by then... only time will tell.
I'd hate to have to bring a bike to a celica meet, but I will just to see you guys. See how devoted I am? :mj:

Luni
12-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Nobody cares. Go kick yourself in the nuts. Jerk.

CollapsedNut
12-20-2011, 01:05 AM
/cry

Hipster Lawrence
12-20-2011, 01:29 AM
Nice to finally have a deadline to finish my car. If nothing goes terribly wrong I should have her on the road by the end of feb. That'll give me enough time to break it in and work any bugs out.

Are we Staying in knoxvegas or what?

MCcelica
12-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Well. I'm not going then. Hopefully Chris can get another way out there. Hope yall have fun. :)

manda
12-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Well. I'm not going then.

:(

CriScO
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Well. I'm not going then. Hopefully Chris can get another way out there. Hope yall have fun. :)
Damnit, I thought it was that weekend.

UtahSleeper
12-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Hope I can make it out to this one. It would be nice to see what it's all about, even if it's just driving my sis's tibby while there instead of one of my cars.

allTRACway
12-20-2011, 08:10 PM
ghey wont make it this year but im hopping to make it to next years :(

Hipster Lawrence
12-21-2011, 12:34 AM
If my cars not done I wanna ride with Bugs js.

Luni
12-21-2011, 01:52 AM
We will see. I have first dibs on EVERYTHING. So if something better comes along, I got dibs on that too. :p