PDA

View Full Version : Wiring dual electric fans on a turbo swap

4thgenceli
10-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm undecided on how to wire my radiator fans into my car right now.

I have the st165 autopwr dual core radiator installed. That combined with the st215 does not leave much room for fans behind the radiator.

I purchased two 12" electric slim fans (2.5" at the thickest point). They are rated 1600CFM at 6amps.

My '89 GTS had AC in it before, so I had two fans in there. One was running off the coolant, the other for the AC. On the st215, I will not have the AC hooked (condenser is gone along with other parts). The vans will be mounted to the front of the radiator and acting as pusher fans. Should I tie them both into the cooling circuitry or not?

If not, how else should I wire them? Cooling as normal, AC to a toggle switch to turn on/off as needed?

CriScO
10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
I'd just wire them both to the coolant temp switch. Makes the most sense for your climate.

alltracman78
10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Why wouldn't you wire them together?
If they're both for the radiator hook them both up to the temp switch....

Hipster Lawrence
10-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Yea just wire them in parallel. You can use the same relays fuses and wiring. You may need to ground the AC fan relay through the coolant temp switch as opposed to the AC high pressure switch though.

I'd wire them up as stock as possible. The Toyota systems are failsafe meaning if anything fails the fans run constantly.

Night_Wolf
10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
The Toyota systems are failsafe meaning if anything fails the fans run constantly.

That's why mine run 24/7 or at least when the car is on, just use the wiring thats already there :p

alltracman78
10-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Did you by any chance remove your AC?

4thgenceli
10-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Yes, AC is gone. No room on the back for fans so it goes on the front. I don't need no stinking AC :P