PDA

View Full Version : Swirlys

Blackcloud
04-30-2005, 10:38 AM
so before i got my truck i noticed that it had some pretty shitty swirl marks in the paint. and i really noticed it tonight under the lights here at the plant..

now my buddy owns a detail shop. how possible is it going to be for him to buff thoes bitches out?

MoralWarfare
04-30-2005, 02:32 PM
very possible. If he gives it some time with a nice polish and a buffer you shouldn't see much of any swirlies any more.

carlosfandango
04-30-2005, 11:21 PM
yeah, a good detailer will be able to get some light compound paste and buff that paint to a gloss shine.

you may want to do any raised areas by hand incase the buffer takes too much away - ive always finished by hand to get a good job around the raised areas and body fittings.

i normaly remove badges and after compound paste buffing - re-stick them before I applying a polish glaze and wax.

which truck is it?

Galcobar
05-01-2005, 11:28 AM
If you can only see them under certain lighting conditions, they aren't bad as swirl marks go. A compound would probably be overkill -- a decent abrasive polish should do the trick.

A good detailer can get rid of just about any paint defect that is no wider than your fingernail is thick. Bigger than that and you're looking at touch-up, then polishing.

If you want to see what a detailer can do, check out autopia.org or meguiarsonline.com.