PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to help me do a 3sgte swap? (Testing waters)

LyGuy
09-30-2011, 01:12 AM
First of all, a little bit about me. My name is Carlo and I drive a 91 GT with a completely stock 5sfe. Got the car in May of this year but as you can see from my join date, I've actually loved the Celica's and been following in this board for a long time. I love my car but feel that it is severely underpowered. Not that I like to street race or anything of the sort, but such a sexy car deserves some more power.

I have read about the myths of people doing a complete 3sgte swap in a single weekend. I have no such potential, and being in college still, have not enough funds to pay a shop to do it. Is anyone in the GTA willing to help me do an engine swap? I can source out the engine, tranny and ecu and wiring harness. We can work out the details if anyone is willing. I will pay you of course, just give me a price. I dare not make an offer in the chance I will offend anyone and also embarrass myself.

This may be idle dreaming, but can you blame me for that?

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2361/20110912161121.jpg

burnyd
09-30-2011, 01:24 AM
if you barely have enough to pay bills and you are in school my suggestion is to wait for bigger and better things. A swap is going to cost you alot more in parts other than the things you have listed.... plus when is breaks.... its going to be more expensive than fixing a regular celica everyone has a bgb for..... and swapped cars break alot.

acidice333
09-30-2011, 01:53 AM
Pay for my plane ticket and I'll help you ;) lol

Yeah I'm with burnyd.. my swap's already costing me, lol!

bleST
09-30-2011, 08:23 AM
You've got a pretty clean car to start with, what I would suggest is that you save up some $. When you care closer to finishing college and have x number of dollars in a savings account or maybe an investment of some sort, you can buy what you need (and possibly have some money for extras) instead of having a swap that you're spending more time working on than actual driving, and eating lentil soup because all your money is spent on a car that you hate because it doesn't work properly. Just my 2 cents.

sodap0p
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
finish school, get a well paying career, and you can own many gtfours...

Sorry, not trying to discourage you...but I've been there and done that. Concentrate on school...cars and other toys will follow.