PDA

View Full Version : Megan coilovers

4thgenceli
09-22-2011, 10:22 PM
I see you have listed the Megan coilovers for the st182, st185 and st165.

What is the chance you have (or can make) the bracket to fit the st182 coilovers to the st162? I recently purchased a set of st182 Megan coilovers to fit to my '89 GTS. I do not want to bore out my hubs to fit the larger strut bolts and would rather buy a pre-made adapter bracket or make one at a friends shop.

mong@logicmotors
09-22-2011, 11:10 PM
If you lived in CA, I would just tell you to come by and we can try to fab one out for you at our machine shop that way we can make it to exact spec. Unfortunately though, we don't offer something like this right away because we don't have enough people to want it to put it in production and it would have to be tested for quality and safety purposes if it were going to be mass produced. Definitely something I will keep in mind and propose to the higher ups though. Is there something else I could help you with?

4thgenceli
09-23-2011, 03:26 AM
I do know some members here & on another board that have st162's that may swing by. What sort of pricing do you rekon it may be?

187flatliner
09-23-2011, 05:02 AM
yep...pricing....another 162 here.

mong@logicmotors
09-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Pricing would really depend as it varies on multiple factors. Is there anyone in southern CA who would volunteer there st162 and planning to use st182 coilovers so we can take specific measurements and designs? In order for me to propose this to be considered, I would need all the information first (specs, measurements, possible designs etc.).