PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Celica

cheela
09-21-2011, 01:39 PM
What would it look like if toyota revived the Celica? Just a purely fictional thought that I would like ideas on. I know people have said the FT86 is the new celica but I just want to see what Celica fans want to see in a new celica.

Hipster Lawrence
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
4 doors and beige.

MCcelica
09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
If Toyota designed it from the ground up, 4 doors and beige. If I designed it? It'd be terrible cause I can't draw.

UtahSleeper
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
It would look like a Yaris hatchback with a hybrid motor.

If suby helped them it would look like the new FR-S lol

cheela
09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
LOL! yeah it would be 4dr and beige if Toyota made it. I want to know what you guys wanna see though.

temperacerguy
09-21-2011, 09:33 PM
well following Toyota's recent trends, and how they serve the consumers:

They would keep it 4WD like the alltracs.
They would raise the roof so that it could fit american consumers.
They would offer a V6 because us americans like a "V" in the name
Yet they would offer a "eco friendly" flex fuel, electric or hybrid to the mix to satisfy the tree huggers.
They would also increase the track, and ground clearance to give a better, softer ride on harsh roads.

Here's what I think Toyota will come up with:

http://carreleasedates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2012-Toyota-RAV4.jpg

mong@logicmotors
09-21-2011, 09:33 PM
4 door or couple, available in RWD for base model and 4WD for top model and 3SGTE 5th gen?...That would be sick. :)

UtahSleeper
09-21-2011, 11:04 PM
In a new celica I would just like them to take the 7th gen, update it and offer AWD as an option. Also more engine bay room!!!

Hipster Lawrence
09-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Awd in a 7g would suck without a substantial bump in torque.

IMO as much as I love 7th gens it was a departure for the Celica. What I want in a 8th gen?

RWD
Turbocharged I4
Big comfortable front seats and tiny back seats
Kick ass factory sound
Every option known to man.
And most importantly a convertible option.

The Celica is supposed to be a GT not a sports car.

Hookecho
09-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Whatever it is I will do them like I do the 7th Gens.

Glance back at them in my rear view mirror.

UtahSleeper
09-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Awd in a 7g would suck without a substantial bump in torque.

IMO as much as I love 7th gens it was a departure for the Celica. What I want in a 8th gen?

RWD
Turbocharged I4
Big comfortable front seats and tiny back seats
Kick ass factory sound
Every option known to man.
And most importantly a convertible option.

The Celica is supposed to be a GT not a sports car.

Yea, it would. Thats why I wanted more engine bay room :) TURBO!!! Or S/C. Just something to liven it up.

I liked the looks of the 7th gen, just wanted it to have more umph.

cheela
09-22-2011, 02:35 AM
very good points guys. thanks! :) keep 'em comin!

MCcelica
09-22-2011, 05:27 AM
If I had my "druthers", I'druther have a mix between the 6th gen and the 7th gen as far as looks go. So take the look of the 7th gen and just smooooth it out. Make it more rounded like the 6th gen.

I would also vote for a supercharged I4 and RWD or AWD in order to give the 2zz a better low end torque. I mean the 2zz does fine once it gets into those Honda RPMs. It's just the low end that needs the help. Hence why a turbo wouldn't be the greatest idea. (Generally speaking of course).

I would also want a nice sporty suspension, the likes of which you would expect from a Celica. I'd probably give it a bit of a lower ride height than is "normal" for a stock Celica. Comfy, but still stiff enough to make it corner like its on rails. Example: Whatever the suspension setup is on the '11 Genesis coupe's is awesome. That thing will SCREAM around some corners. It doesn't sit up quite as high as my 6th gen used to, it's much more comfy of a ride, and it handles stock for stock better than my 7th gen.

That'd be my list.

bzdweezy
09-22-2011, 05:42 AM
LSD RWD
F/I I4
250-300hp 225-250 tq
real japan inspired TRD options susp,exhaust, intake, body...
2 dr of course
single tip exhaust (its a 4 cylinder c'on)
6 speed trans
nice lines of the 7th gen, front end from something inspired from the lfa,

MCcelica
09-22-2011, 06:53 AM
LSD RWD
F/I I4
250-300hp 225-250 tq
real japan inspired TRD options susp,exhaust, intake, body...
2 dr of course
single tip exhaust (its a 4 cylinder c'on)
6 speed trans
nice lines of the 7th gen, front end from something inspired from the lfa,

I agree with all that except for the last line. I feel like the lines of the LFA aren't... smooth enough. Hence why I suggested the "combination" of the 6th and 7th gen. Because it could be "considered" a helpful jolt to the future while "remembering" the past, and being "applicable" to the markets of the past...

SOB, I feel like Klapa using so many quote marks... oops.

METDeath
09-22-2011, 11:09 AM
I say they need to do what all the Big 3 are doing and redesign the first generation, drop in a beefy motor and call it done.

Tecker184
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
They need to do what Subaru and Mitsubishi have been doing for years with great success, AWD Turbo. And if you look at any of the mitsu's and subs it clearly does not need to look good to sell. I even see grama's driving these cars.

They should have never gotten rid of the celica in the first place. It was there longest running sports car and was only killed off with the TC. It wouldn't have been killed if they were on the same level. If they never got away from the rally heritage we would still be able to go buy one today.

lamont
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
The Celica is dead and it's not coming back. If it did it wouldn't be a Toyota at all it would be a JapSubNisHonKia so deal with it

cheela
09-22-2011, 04:01 PM
hey it's a fictional thought. you don't have to answer. :P

Superman
09-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna be weird and say fwd/awd, I4, LSD 5 and 6 speed options, none of the flappy paddle crap, four seater like the 5g and 6g, smother like them also, oh and a turbo or supercharger.

Hipster Lawrence
09-22-2011, 05:41 PM
^ never driven a car with a DSG box have you? I don't care about shifting or pressing a clutch. DSGs are the shit.

Superman
09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Your right I never have but for me it would take the fun out of the car

mong@logicmotors
09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Whatever it is I will do them like I do the 7th Gens.

Glance back at them in my rear view mirror.

Because they are on your tail? :P J/K

grimmythereaper
09-23-2011, 06:13 AM
i would want a cruising deck celica :) if u dont know what im talking about look it up, it looks sick

lamont
09-23-2011, 09:10 PM
i would want a cruising deck celica :) if u dont know what im talking about look it up, it looks sick

Someones needs to be beaten for doing that to a Celica:bananachair::bananachair:. Really a Celica/Elcamino hybrid :kekekegay::kekekegay::gay:

cheela
09-23-2011, 10:32 PM
LOL yeah I remember seeing that. i was like wth?