PDA

View Full Version : Engine Bay Details/Project Help

DudeMan
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I dropped my engine back in the chassis a few weeks ago and since then I've been spending a lot of time getting everything sorted out.

I've switched to a 3SGE side feed manifold and a FMIC. I have also removed the cruise control, ABS, EGR and AC.

The purpose of this thread is just to ask a few questions, double check a few things and generally to make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

For now, I have one question.

Is it okay to hook up the TVIS actuator (technically, the vacuum canister beside the actuator) to one of the vacuum ports on the throttle body?

I know its usually routed directly to the intake manifold but I've already used all the ports.. There is one left but I'd like to leave it for my BOV.

CollapsedNut
09-11-2011, 10:36 PM
The TB ports are usually open in relation to the location of the butterfly, so Id say its not a good idea.

DudeMan
09-11-2011, 11:41 PM
The TB ports are usually open in relation to the location of the butterfly, so Id say its not a good idea.

Yeah I had a feeling they weren't the best option.. I guess I'll find an adapter or something and use one of the large ports on the front of the manifold.

Can anyone confirm that the sensor at the top of the water neck (has no wire coming out of it, broke off a while ago) is for the AC?

If it is, I don't need it, so I'll just keep it in there as a plug.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/dudemanxl420/IMG_0599.jpg

alltracman78
09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes, it's for the AC [90/91 engines only].
The 92/93 engines don't have this sensor there.

And yes, TB vaccuum ports don't always have vaccuum, so it's not a good idea to use them.