PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Mechanic In C.A. ????

TRDRACING89
09-08-2011, 10:31 PM
anyone know where are good Toyota or import mechanic's in my area? Victorville C.A.

im looking to get my engine rebuilt, and would prefer someone that actually knows a little bit about my engine(st215).

name, location and phone number would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Matt.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-09-2011, 01:32 AM
PM Eric_Barrera, he may know.

joe's gt
09-09-2011, 06:07 AM
anyone know where are good Toyota or import mechanic's in my area? Victorville C.A.

im looking to get my engine rebuilt, and would prefer someone that actually knows a little bit about my engine(st215).

name, location and phone number would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Matt.

How are you planning to smog an st215 in CA? Do you have a shop hookup? Reason I ask is because unless you have someone that will hook you up, the second you go to get it smogged, you will auto fail with the swap when the engine doesn't match what your VIN says should be in there.

TRDRACING89
09-09-2011, 06:29 AM
How are you planning to smog an st215 in CA? Do you have a shop hookup? Reason I ask is because unless you have someone that will hook you up, the second you go to get it smogged, you will auto fail with the swap when the engine doesn't match what your VIN says should be in there.

thats the least of my worries. and most places will do the smog for you, you just have to know someone, but i had the car smogged just before i had the swap done, so im not worried about it at all.

joe's gt
09-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Actually, most places won't just do it for you because they can suffer some pretty heavy fines if they are ever found liable for putting illegal cars on the street. It is something you should be concerned about, especially if you do not have someone lined up that will "hook you up", because almost all shops will not take on the liability involved with passing a car that is technically illegal in California. If your vehicle ever gets pulled over and the cop decides to be a dick and accuse you of illegal modifications he can send you to a smog referee where you will inevitably fail and you will either have to put your car back to stock or watch your car be crushed. I am talking from experience here.

It is important for you to have a plan on how to get around California emissions. You can't pass smog, you can't register your car, you then drive at your own risk. If you do not have somebody already lined up, it is not as easy as you think to find a shop that willingly risks the entire future of their business by passing illegally modified cars.

mong@logicmotors
09-11-2011, 04:42 AM
How far are you willing to drive?

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-11-2011, 04:57 AM
I love that I leave, and more and more Celica owners creep out of the woodwork.

TRDRACING89
10-02-2011, 08:17 AM
i understand and thank you for your concerns, but really not a worry to me at all, i take all precautionary measures when it comes to my car i didnt spend the money i have to let something happen to it.
Actually, most places won't just do it for you because they can suffer some pretty heavy fines if they are ever found liable for putting illegal cars on the street. It is something you should be concerned about, especially if you do not have someone lined up that will "hook you up", because almost all shops will not take on the liability involved with passing a car that is technically illegal in California. If your vehicle ever gets pulled over and the cop decides to be a dick and accuse you of illegal modifications he can send you to a smog referee where you will inevitably fail and you will either have to put your car back to stock or watch your car be crushed. I am talking from experience here.

It is important for you to have a plan on how to get around California emissions. You can't pass smog, you can't register your car, you then drive at your own risk. If you do not have somebody already lined up, it is not as easy as you think to find a shop that willingly risks the entire future of their business by passing illegally modified cars.

Eric Barrera
10-02-2011, 08:31 PM
lmfao CBB!

Anyways, yea? How far are you willing to drive. The machine shop I took my block too knew there shit, but it's in Lancaster and the shop where I took my Head is in Palmdale.