PDA

View Full Version : Interior lights stopped working after stereo install

NeuralOverload
09-08-2011, 04:49 PM
After installing a new stereo in my 92' celica GT convertible the interior lights stopped working. By that I mean, the lights, on the door panel, the bottom of the mirror, the lights on the power window switches, and the one around the ignition. Now, the cigarette lighter wasn't working so I went in and found a blow fuse which I promptly replaced. This fixed the cigarette lighter but didn't fix anything else. What can be the problem and what is the easiest way to go abou finding out what's causing everything to not work all of a sudden?

allTRACway
09-08-2011, 05:15 PM
check your wiring could be a bad ground and just blowing fuses are your lights on the rear plate working they might be connected with your interior i know they were on one of my old cars. is there anything else not working does the roof still open and close

temperacerguy
09-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Odd, because the dome light circuit doesn't have anything to do with the radio... How did you wire in the stereo? did you use a harness adapter, or did you cut/splice?

check your 20amp dome light fuse. If that's not it, check the output at the integration relay (and the tail lights are not hooked on this circuit on this car)

Fades24
09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Had a similar problem my self, all the interior lights and switches stopped working. the radio had been installed my a friend of mine, and worked fine for about a month.

allTRACway
09-28-2011, 05:55 PM
check the ground cables

alltracNyx
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM
The OP first needs to answer the question about how the radio was wired, with a harness, or if it was spliced in. Either way, this should not be a grounding issue, but his answer can clear up what may have happened.

Follow temperacerguy's advice and check the fuse and the relay he mentioned. On cars this old, checking all the fuses is not a bad idea anyway. Let us know what you find.