PDA

View Full Version : HELLO from montana

fullmonte44
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
hello, all. my name is monte. I'm retired (age 67), and have lived here on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation for the past 35 years, arriving as a VISTA volunteer (now Americorps), then married a local and raised a family, all grown, but still living with me on and off, normal in an extended family situation.
cars? Learned to drive in a '46 Chevy pick-up and my dad's '52 Dodge sedan. First car I owned was a black '57 Dodge 2-dr hardtop,yeah, the big finned fucker. Then I ...well, never mind, a long list of unillustrious american iron (loved my Celebrity and Ramblers, though.) Last 15 yrs or so, though, I've leaned towards Japanese cars ( '75 datsun pick-up, '81 Accord, even a Subaru for a short time-admired them all.) Oh, yeah, and a '94 Tercel-great economy.
Well, just bought a '87 Celica ST, a real beat beater (know you guys like pics, but you'd throw up if you seen this black roll-on painted scuzzer-hope it's my DD, but IDK...runs awesome, though, just wore out everywhere. Never had a 25 year old car that would reach 80 mph so easily, AND get great mileage!) Well, $400, eh?
So now i'm here at celicatech-great site, thanks, and off to the BGB and search (hdlts on, no tails, markers, or dash lites)- well, $400,eh?

Galcobar
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
We've seen the paint-roller jobs before -- surprising how well they can turn out if enough sanding is involved.

That said, welcome to the site. Sounds like you're going to have fun.

The Captain
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Welcome! Enjoy your stay!