PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

vigdisvz
09-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi guys

My name is Carl, I live in Sweden, a little bit north of Stockholm.

Since I've been super late with getting my drivers licence (being 32 years old) , I finally figured I'd get a car that motivates me to finally get it done, espeically since I've enough money saved for both licence, lessons and a car.

Me and my buddy went past a dealer closeby to check up on a BMW for another friend, but then I spotted something that really caught my eye, a 1994 Celica GTi 2.0 ST202. After thinking about it and checkig it out more closely I bought it the next week. A real bargain it turns out.

She's got some minor damages on the driver side door, and looks a bit worn, but seems to be well taken care of and runs like a dream. I call her "Smulan" or Breadcrumb in english. I hope to keep her in good shape for many years to come.

Now I've gotten a few hours of experience with it with my friend as private tutor and I'm taking driving lessons with a local driving school.

I don't consider myself to be a super active car enthusiast (considering how slack I have been with my licence) but I hope to make the most of it, therefore I signed up on this forum, incase I have questions, or when I get exerienced enough to be of help myself.

Thanks for reading.

Carl

METDeath
09-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Welcome, and considering you live in an area that probably knows what a real public transportation system is I can't blame you on getting your license late.

The Captain
09-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Welcome!

manda
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
welcome to ctech

Waffles!
09-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Welcome! I'd love to see pics of Smulan!

grassdragger738
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome

MCcelica
09-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome aboard from across the pond. :)

vigdisvz
09-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Thank you all!

Welcome, and considering you live in an area that probably knows what a real public transportation system is I can't blame you on getting your license late.

Yeah, I've been living close to everything (or good bus/train connections) my entire life. For some reason I haven't been feeling the urge until now to finish my license. Now it's everything I can think of. Luckily I should be able to get at least an hour of private driving the next few weeks on top of a handful of professional lessons.

Welcome! I'd love to see pics of Smulan!

Here you go sir:

(I cannot post links because my account is not yet older than 7 days, but it's in the gallery).

...showimage.php?i=20444

She might be old and worn, but she's glorious and she's mine!

manda
09-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Here you go sir:

just so you know, and before anyone says anything... Waffles is female. ;) There are a few of us (females) here

METDeath
09-05-2011, 05:20 AM
just so you know, and before anyone says anything... Waffles is female. ;) There are a few of us (females) here

Yeah... like four total...

One of which is "mine" (Waffles)

vigdisvz
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM

Ah, I understand, I apologize for my lack of etiquette.

In my intial post I forgot to add that I work with printing and graphics (not car graphics, just boring paper stuff).

METDeath
09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Nothing to apologize for, you simply didn't know.

That and she probably needs to add back to her signature that she is the one in her avatar...

Waffles!
09-06-2011, 06:07 PM
It's all good. It's kind of nice when people assume I am male on a car forum.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
It's all good. It's kind of nice when people assume I am male on a car forum.

It's difficult to not assume after we've all seen your penis.

Welcome Carl! Being a forum colored in Blue and Yellow, this should be the favorite resource in Sweden. My favorite rally driver is Stig Blomqvist, much to the dismay of many people on a Celica forum. My first car was a Celica, and they make a fantastic daily use car.

vigdisvz
09-07-2011, 03:38 PM
My first car was a Celica, and they make a fantastic daily use car.

I could not agree more!

I uploaded another pic of her!

/gallery/showimage.php?i=20467 (shortened the link because my account cannot post links yet).

allTRACway
09-07-2011, 11:17 PM
welcome to the board any questions you may have are usually answered quite quicky on here its almost like a family