PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody used AUTOSPECIALTY / KELSEY-HAYES brake rotors before?

4thgenceli
09-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Nobody in fucking town has rotors for my '87 GTS. Really pissing me off. I see rock auto lists some from AUTOSPECIALTY / KELSEY-HAYES and I have never heard of this brand. They're a wholesale closout sale, and are going for $10/rotor...I'm tempted to buy 4 of them right now.

temperacerguy
09-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Strange enough... I have used these... never had heard of them before, but found them at a brake parts warehouse in Lancaster, CA after I destroyed a set of rotors at a track-day at Willow Springs.

For as cheap as I purchased them, they were GREAT rotors... they are swirl ground flat, not turned on a lathe. They bedded in my pads quickly, and lasted the next track day and then some.

later I did some research on them, and they are part of TRW, which is one of the largest parts suppliers in the world. Probably why you found them in Phx, as there is a TRW regional headquarters there.

4thgenceli
09-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Strange enough... I have used these... never had heard of them before, but found them at a brake parts warehouse in Lancaster, CA after I destroyed a set of rotors at a track-day at Willow Springs.

For as cheap as I purchased them, they were GREAT rotors... they are swirl ground flat, not turned on a lathe. They bedded in my pads quickly, and lasted the next track day and then some.

later I did some research on them, and they are part of TRW, which is one of the largest parts suppliers in the world. Probably why you found them in Phx, as there is a TRW regional headquarters there.

I didn't actually find them in Phoenix. I found them on RockAuto. They (rockauto) are selling them at closeout prices for $9.xx a rotor. At the rate I'm going, I may as well just fucking buy 4 from them (2 for Jasmine, 2 for Storm Trooper) and call it a day having them delivered to my door.

BAP already tried to sell me GT/ST rotors... :facepalm:

temperacerguy
09-04-2011, 12:12 AM
(facepalm....) nevermind what I wrote here, I was looking at the wrong years

temperacerguy
09-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Hey, I was just dicking around because you are in my old neck of the woods...

If your car has ABS, BAP import parts has a set of rotors in stock for you at their 5030 N 27th ave location.. this is for the GTS part # 121.44061 (CEN)

4thgenceli
09-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Hey, I was just dicking around because you are in my old neck of the woods...

If your car has ABS, BAP import parts has a set of rotors in stock for you at their 5030 N 27th ave location.. this is for the GTS part # 121.44061 (CEN)

Ass. :P

So how the hell did you find that? I was just at BAP (the one on 28th Ave) and they tried to play off a set of GT/ST rotors for GTS (4lug vs. 5lug). I don't think my car has ABS (87 GTS). There's no wires going to/from the hubs that I am aware.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/celiman89/brake.png

They no haz my rotors.

temperacerguy
09-04-2011, 01:51 AM
My job when I was in Highschool, is that I was parts driver for 7th Ave Autoparts/Arizona Jobber Supply (probably before you were born). So, I was going through all the places that I could remember. There is a place just off of I-17 called "Arizona Brake and Clutch supply" that has a ton of odd rotors/drums. I even had them build me a custom clutch for me about 15 years ago. I doubt they are open tomorrow/monday, but they might be able to help you out.

There's a 24hr Autozone on Van Buren and like 13Ave (by where all the cheap hookers work). They are a regional depot for Phoenix. There's also another one out in Chandler, and they typically are the places that have the items the other stores don't.

Here's another option... Call up the stores, and if they say it's "at the warehouse" ask them where the warehouse is... If it's local, tell them to do a "will call pickup" and they will sell you the rotors and you pick them up at the warehouse. Checker used to have a store/warehouse somewhere in west phoenix/glendale area on like Thomas, Indian School or Camelback area... 35th Ave and Indian school comes to mind, but it's been ages. I know Checker is now O'riley, but they might still have the stocking warehouse with the store.

Last ditch effort, Arizona Jobber Supply (if they are still in business) is a stocking warehouse for Raybestos, they have every part number that raybestos makes, and I know they stock them correctly (flat). So you can call them up and they can take care of you... However they might not be open on Monday. They are located at 7th Ave, south of Van Buren in the old Madison Square Garden wrestleing arena. (before your/my time).

4thgenceli
09-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I've checked with all the warehouses. The large ones (autozone/checker) don't have them anywhere in AZ peroid. They're all in Cali. Same with everyone else. I just ordered 4 of those rotors and we'll see how then turn out.

4thgenceli
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
2 rotors for $34 shipped. :fingers crossed I don't drive off a cliff and hit the special needs kids bus: