PDA

View Full Version : Choose my new Auto Insurance!

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
State Farm Corporate has proved that local agents are helpless to stupid corporate policies/procedures.

I have been unable to drive going on 2 weeks now because they cannot submit a form. I actually got a call from my former agent in California asking if I wanted to submit it because it might be faster.

Weaksauce.

I am now going to look into a new auto insurance company. You decide!

Hookecho
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
They'll all put the fuck to you.

I carry liability only so i go with the cheapest. Safe Auto.

4thgenceli
09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
We're with Farmers.

We had American Family for YEARS. Then went to Geico for another 5 or 6 years. We just switched to Farmers. Full 100/300 coverage on the Mazda, and 25/50 liability on the '87. Also have 500k renters insurance and full glass coverage. We're paying $115/month for everything. With geico, full coverage on the Mazda at 15/30 and liability on the Toyota at 15/30 no glass we were paying 180/month.

I can give you the number/name to my agent if you wish.

Murgatroy
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I have been wrocking Geico for years.

Full coverage on my truck, liability on Chaos, two drivers, and carried an SR22 for a while and it still runs me ~$65 a month, even after the wreck last year, granted it wasn't my fault, and we both have an otherwise nearly flawless driving record.

UtahSleeper
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Gieco for me. 230 every 6 months on liability. Whenever I add a second car it adds another 100. I am happy with those prices.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I guess I am most concerned with their claim practices. I don't mind paying a little more as I have been running full coverage (going much lower until I find another job). I just don't want to get screwed in an accident, as I am a good driver.

MCcelica
09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Are you eligible for USAA? (Have to have been a service member, or family of one in order to get insurance through them.) If you are, then I'd go with them. I was with Geico with my 7th gen for a while. Then I put both my 6th gen and 7th gen under the same policy at USAA and paid $10 more a month for both of them than for JUST the 7th gen at geico.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
My dad put in a little over 35 years with the military. He started when he was 18, completing two tours in 'Nam under this group:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/1st_Cavalry_Division_-_Shoulder_Sleeve_Insignia.svg/220px-1st_Cavalry_Division_-_Shoulder_Sleeve_Insignia.svg.png
I've heard some good things about them. Also, USAA.

Thing is, I believe my dad must be using them in order for other family members to be eligible.

(Please Vote too!)

4thgenceli
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Geico claims can be annoying at times...

After the stint AZ had with the hailstorm a while back, insurance claims was through the roof (understandably). Agents and adjusters were swamped with claims, estimates, repairs, etc. About 2 months after the hailstorm, we were rear-ended. There wasn't a close Geico claims office nearby and they told me I had to drive to the closest one (55 miles away) because all their agents and adjusters were too busy with hailstorm damage.

Anyway my .02.

85gtsblackman
09-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Havent had any problems with Esurance in about 7 years or so

alltracNyx
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
We've also been rocking Geico for about 5 years now. I have never needed to file a claim on my own policy. However, years ago, when I had State Farm, I filed a claim with Geico because one of their insured drivers rear-ended me. He didn't want to pay for me to take it to my shop, but he also didn't want to go through his insurance. I called Geico myself and filed a claim with them. They took care of me, even though I wasn't their client, and let me go to my body shop. Couldn't complain.

MCcelica
09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
My dad put in a little over 35 years with the military. He started when he was 18, completing two tours in 'Nam under this group:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/1st_Cavalry_Division_-_Shoulder_Sleeve_Insignia.svg/220px-1st_Cavalry_Division_-_Shoulder_Sleeve_Insignia.svg.png
I've heard some good things about them. Also, USAA.

Thing is, I believe my dad must be using them in order for other family members to be eligible.

(Please Vote too!)

If that's the case, I'd DEFINITELY go with USAA. I filed a claim once that I was sure they wouldn't cover. Essentially I was driving in ice and snow, driving forward for miles. Went to back into a space and my front wheels ripped off all the under-plastic and jacked up my lip (due to the ice buildup on the fender liners). But, sure enough they hooked me up. No rate increase either. Plus USAA pays dividends at the end of the year. It's usually not much, but $35 dividends from my car insurance is better than I ever got at geico or american family. USAA all the way!

Nitro_Alltrac
09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
If claims service is your main concern, stay away from Nationwide. I worked in a body shop in WV and hands down, they were the WORST company of any to deal with. They would knowingly do things that were illegal and almost always immoral. The one that stands out is this girl that had a 2 year old Camaro that needed a front bumper cover. WV law states that OEM parts MUST be used for the current model year and the two previous years. What's Nationwide do?? They write a "remanufactured" fascia, which doesn't meet the letter of the law. I called the attorney general's office and talked with the guy that defines and an enforces the law. He said that they had to go new. I call Nationwide back, and they tell me that the state, the people that made the law and enforce it, is wrong according to excellent attorneys in Columbus and that they aren't going to do it. So I call the customer and tell her what's going on. She get's an attorney, Nationwide ends up giving here the new bumper cover and paying out about $5000 to her for aggravation and paid the legal fees. Next week, they turn around and do the same thing to another customer. They got rather pissed that I told the customer what was going on. The adjuster was like "I would have taken care of you". Bullshit, he was the one that told me the state was wrong.

So long story short, avoid Nationwide. The management there is going to be same since they'll be out of the Columbus office.

T-spoon
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
F**k State Farm. We just switched from them after about 16 years (my parents used them for as long as I can remember, and my policy was an offshoot of theirs). The last five or so they've been just bending us over and screwing us. The last straw was telling me I had to pay $140/month to insure the 87 Volvo (also they kept screwing up, dropping coverage when I didn't want it dropped, etc.). Switched to American Family. Same coverages, similar deductibles, almost half the price for the premiums.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I was told by State Farm another week to week and a half because of Hurricane Irene.

Let's see who can electronically submit my form today.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-07-2011, 08:45 PM
USAA wins.

Electronic SR22 submission. I will be able to drive again soon.

allTRACway
09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
great choice imo they will treat you right

MCcelica
09-08-2011, 04:52 AM
USAA wins.

I say this a lot. Haha welcome to the fold sir.

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-08-2011, 04:52 AM
great choice imo they will treat you right

They're top rated for customer service. The agent I talked to was very nice. We even talked about taking pride in what you do and she said how much she loves her job.

Grot
09-08-2011, 06:12 AM
i dont know if you have them out there, but i have State Auto (i think thats their name) they beat anyone else buy 30-40 bucks per month.

im 21, Married, and have Full coverage with 250/500 comp/collis deductable on 2 cars (99 buick regal; 03 Merc Mountaineer) and pay 140 bucks a month.