PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trading car opinions?

mikecole89
08-30-2011, 02:58 AM
SO, I am thinking about trading my car for a bike etc. I have mixed emotions really love my car put a lot of time and money into it but it seems like it is just problem after problem and I am getting to the point where I am thinking is it worth it to keep putting money into something that has no resale value considering it is a GT. I was thinking about trading it for a bike maybe make back some of what I spent. Or stick it in a storage unit and let her sit for a while work on it when I can. Recently had the clutch replaced was on the highway and went to go into 5th grinded and popped out went to put it back in 5th just grinded, well later that day went to put it into reverse and it is like reverse is not even there it is like hitting a wall. hoping it is just a linkage problem and not the tranny. What would you do if it was you?

Hookecho
08-30-2011, 04:02 AM
If you have another vehicle then having a motorcycle isn't a bad idea. If you're having problems engaging gears after a clutch install then check the master cylinder, slave cylinder or bleed the line.

mikecole89
08-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I do have another car my commuter car 2010 corolla. My celica is just a weekend warrior.