PDA

View Full Version : Penetrating Oil

Night_Wolf
08-24-2011, 04:46 PM
So I've always used Liquid Wrench for a penetrating oil, but recently online I've read of this stuff that I've never heard of Aero-Kroil. Anyone ever hear of this stuff? Does anyone else have a preference to the type of penetrating oil they use?

UtahSleeper
08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Deep kreep by seafoam.

Luni
08-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Kroil is pretty much the best. However its WAY expensive. Between Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, and Deep Creep, Liquid Wrench is the best IMO.

KoreanJoey
08-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Wurth Rost Off Ice

http://www.accelerationkarting.com/wurthrostoffice.aspx

Amazing stuff. It's actually reactive too, kind crazy. If you spray it into a ziplock bag and press your fingers together against the bag you can feel a "snap".

KoreanJoey
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Apparently there is a "MAX" ice as well... haven't tried this one.

https://shoponline.wurthusa.com/wurthusa/servlet/CyberVendor/category/G3408593/catalog/group.jsp/

Night_Wolf
08-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow that rust off stuff is interesting, I've never heard of that before. I wonder what kind of chemicals are in it

Funkycheeze
08-25-2011, 05:50 PM
I use kroil, and the cans last FOREVER cuz you don't need to use very much. It's the shit.

T-spoon
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I use kroil, and the cans last FOREVER cuz you don't need to use very much. It's the shit.

^

klapa
08-25-2011, 08:45 PM
I use Liquid Wrench - haven't heard of that other stuff and think PbBlaster is over rated.

Best stuff I ever found was "Manifold Heat Control Valve Cleaner" that I would buy from Mopar and later GM dealers - it was made to free up the old valves that used to be in the exhaust manifold for piping exhaust through the intake manifold for cold starts - 1st pollution system (along with PCV valve) installed in the 60's. It has foamy mix of penetrating oil with some kind of particles (graphite?) suspended in it and when heated could break nearly anything loose - fast.

I can't find it anymore.

Galcobar
08-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Wurth Rost Off Ice

http://www.accelerationkarting.com/wurthrostoffice.aspx

Amazing stuff. It's actually reactive too, kind crazy. If you spray it into a ziplock bag and press your fingers together against the bag you can feel a "snap".

Sounds like it'd be better impressive combined with a torch -- heat the exterior item, hit the interior with the Ice to maximize the temperature-induced expansion/contraction difference

KoreanJoey
08-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Honestly never had to use heat with the stuff. But then again, we don't have the rust issues like the midwest/east coast cars do.

lalojamesliz
08-31-2011, 11:21 PM
Kroil is pretty much the best. However its WAY expensive. Between Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, and Deep Creep, Liquid Wrench is the best IMO.

+1

Luni
08-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Honestly never had to use heat with the stuff. But then again, we don't have the rust issues like the midwest/east coast cars do.

Not sure how the hell that happens... You guys get more rain than like.. anyone :p

Galcobar
09-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Road salt is largely unnecessary in a temperate rainforest. The temperatures also mean we tend to dry out, and don't end up with the build-up of grime and caked-on salt which makes for the most perfect rust opportunities. All that fresh water rinses the crevices relatively clean.