PDA

View Full Version : BERK Technology

sodap0p
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
They are a frigin joke.

They told my if I placed my order in April I would get my pipes in 3 months. I've been very patient with them, but patience wears out quick with stupid people.

After 20 emails back and forth, threatening of canceling and such...They final tell me a definate date of August 20.

Now It's Monday August 22 in the morning and I expect an email stating it would be shipped today. Instead they tell me they are waiting on the support brackets. WTF? Seriously, if we had to wait 5 month's for the pipes to get fabricated, wouldn't anyone else think that a simple bracket could have been made during that time?

STUPID! PLAIN STUPID.

Hookecho
08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd be pissed too.

Luni
08-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah me too. Not playing devils advocate here but Ive dealt with Berk several times and never once had an issue. Not undermining your experience, just saying everyone has issues sometimes. Our market gets smaller and smaller. If we chase away all of our potential vendors, we wont have anyone left to make parts for us.

sodap0p
08-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I agree Luni, and even in my previous email to Brain I asked if he would make ST205 mid-pipes.... I've dealt with them before for my RC in the past and had no issues. I'd probably even buy from them again, but I thought I would share my experiences to allow others and to make informed decisions.

My email to Brian this morning was a little less than polite. I hope he understands that customer service should be his top priority.

It's more of a disappoinment than anything as I didn't get much of a summer up here in Canada this year. The MR2 will be put away again in another month or so...At this point, with delay after delay I won't even get to hear that downpipe till next summer. Brian can wait to send it at Christmas for all I care now...it really doesn't matter anymore, the window of opportunity is over.

sodap0p
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Brian at berk is such a child, he cancelled my order...LOL! He thinks that after 5 months I would care... The summer is over I could care less when the pipes come now.

Needless to say, his last move proves my first point. I am now boycotting them indefinately, and I will continue to share my experience with their potential customers.

Eric Barrera
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Lmao, wow. I can't believe that these businesses don't put there customers first. It doesn't take much to satisfies a customer. It's basically be friendly and ship things out on time.

Doowstados
08-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Just buy a cheap harbor freight pipe bender and a flux core welder if you don't already have one and make your own. It'll give you something to do over the winter and be MUCH cheaper.

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-24-2011, 01:18 AM
I stopped messign around with brand name downpipes and started going to a local speedshop buy a U-J pipe and get the DP made.

Angel

Doowstados
08-24-2011, 01:21 AM
I stopped messign around with brand name downpipes and started going to a local speedshop buy a U-J pipe and get the DP made.

Angel

Or this. Problem with this is that they can get quite expensive, my catback was $400. Best mandrel bends/welds I have ever seen though.

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-24-2011, 01:24 AM
^ well it depends though.A aluminized U-J something like what I have on my mr2 now a 4" cost me 80 bucks for teh pipe and ATS charged me 200 to make it.But for something like 2.5 or 3 you could get it for about the same if not less then what berks sells his for.

Angel

sodap0p
08-24-2011, 02:47 PM
No one in Calgary has a mandrel bender....local shops suck here.

Hookecho
08-24-2011, 03:38 PM
There is no excuse for taking 5 months to fab something that can be done in 1 workday. I fabricated my whole exhaust system in a day.

Sang
08-24-2011, 07:44 PM
^ well it depends though.A aluminized U-J something like what I have on my mr2 now a 4" cost me 80 bucks for teh pipe and ATS charged me 200 to make it.But for something like 2.5 or 3 you could get it for about the same if not less then what berks sells his for.

Angel

Unfortunately you need more than just a U-J mandrel. Will also need to form the bellmouth for the ct26/27/20b outlet.

There is no excuse for taking 5 months to fab something that can be done in 1 workday. I fabricated my whole exhaust system in a day.

He outsources his downpipe and exhaust production to China IIRC. It's likely he literally didn't know when he'd be getting the downpipes considering how everything coming out of china is usually late by at least a couple of months.

With that said, I don't care for many of Berk's products myself, although I'll admit that his downpipes are one of the nicer ones on the market for the 3sgte with a toyota flanged turbo. If you must get a Berk product, go through one of his dealers. Dustin at Dynosty (formerly Injected Performance) is legit and has a long standing record for customer service. I haven't heard a bad thing about him since he became a vendor on mr2oc a few years back.

Luni
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
So is Ty Saxon. Thats who I usually go through for Berk stuff.

ChrisD
08-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Yeah I've used ty saxon before, but never ordered direct from berk.

If you did want mandrel in Calgary, you can get U pipes from Mopac in mild steel for $30 each, SS is a bit more. But there's the other challenge of a flange and facilitating for the internal wastegate which is a pain. But you'd have to find someone willing and able to do some custom work. Which isn't the easiest thing.

Angel - haha, there's not many pre-fabbed anything's for your car so you have no choice. ;)

But yeah, there are a few alternatives for downpipes, vote with your $$.

sodap0p
08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Trillion Indusustries will do pretty much anything and his work is amazing...He welded up my superstrut Coilovers for the 205.