PDA

View Full Version : MR2 BBQ Sunday AUG 21st Forged Performance Troutdale, OR

sentraman
08-18-2011, 08:00 PM
The Event will take place Sunday, August 21, 2011 at Forged Performance in Troutdale, Oregon

Event Name: PDX MR2 2K11 FGK Memorial MR2 Meet
Event Location: Forged Performance
867 NW Corporate Dr. Troutdale, OR 97060
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2011
Cost:This is a Free BBQ and Meet! There is no cost to sign up or register. The only cost is for those interested in the Dyno Day. The Dyno cost is $40 for 3 Dyno pulls
Event Details:

Sunday, August 21, 2011
10am-3pmThe BBQ, Meet and Dyno Day will take place Sunday, August 21, 2011 from 10am-3pm.

BBQ: There will be FREE BBQ, featuring Burgers, Hot Dags and Soda!!! Think of it as a potluck: if you want anything else to eat besides this, you are more than welcome to bring it!!!

Meet: We will have a chance to show off our cars, talk to each other about them, and more during the entire meet and BBQ.

Dyno Day: The only cost for this event is for those interested in the Dyno Day. The cost for the Dyno Day is $40 for 3 Dyno pulls. Unlike past meets, Forged Performance features an on site Dyno!!, so anyone interested in the Dyno can participate in this during the meet!!! Also of note, Forged Performance has an All-Wheel-Drive Dyno!!, so if you have an All-Wheel-Drive car you'd like to Dyno, this is a great time to do it!! A few participants last year asked about an All-Wheel-Drive Dyno, so I wanted to make sure and point this out.

Dyno Day Logistics (Update): I've worked out some of the logistical issues for the Dyno Day and I wanted to post up. As I said, Forged DOES have an AWD Dyno on site. There has been some confusion over this since the Dyno is not set up for AWD on most Dyno Days due to logistical issues. In order for the AWD cars to go, the Dyno chain must be ran to the 2nd set of rollers, and the Dyno re-calibrated. Once the AWD's are done, it has to be returned to 2WD settings (removing chain to rollers, recalibrate, etc). Long story short, it takes a bit of time to set up so it takes some planning to offer AWD and 2WD at the same meet.

So, with that in mind, we've hammered out some logistics for the Dyno Day. It will work as follows: ALL 2WD cars will go first. Once the 2WD cars have gone, if there is time (and it's looking as if there should be) the Dyno will be set up and calibrated to run the 4WD cars (right now, just 1 AllTrac). All the AWD's that want to run would run in a row (time permitting). Once the AWD cars have gone, it will be returned to the 2WD setup. So, if you have a AWD, you'll have to wait until the 2WD cars have gone to Dyno, and you'll have to go during that time frame at the meet when the Dyno has been set up and calibrated for AWD.

If there are too many 2WD cars going, it's running late and there is just not enough time to set up the Dyno to run AWD, you are not left out in the cold. I've worked out a deal with Forged Perforamce to cover the AWD guys if this occurs.

Forged Performance WILL honor the PDX MR2 2K11 Dyno Day price for 3 pulls on the Dyno on a different day for the AWD cars if they are not able to go due to time constraints. You will need to provide your name and phone number to John or Brian at the meet, and show us the car which was to be Dyno'd. This ensures only the people who were at the meet with their cars can take advantage of this. You can then set up a day and time with Forged which convenient for you to come back and do the Dyno pulls @ the PDX MR2 2K11 price. Again, I don't want anyone to feel left out in the cold, so I wanted to make sure this alternate option was in place for the AWD guys, just in case. If you are coming from an extremely long distance with an AWD, let me know ahead of time and so I can try and get something worked out.

Donations to Cancer Research: As you may have noticed, the name has been changed this year to include FGK Memorial MR2 Meet. For those of you who were unaware, my father passed away this July 11th. He was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, an incurable cancer. His health was declining rapidly, and he passed away a few weeks later. Multiple Myeloma is an incurable cancer, and it is the 2nd most common blood cancer in the United States. I would like to ask any members of the community and participants of the event to make donations at the meet towards cancer research. We are in the process of finalizing the specific organization we are making the donations to, but the donations collected will be donated in my father's name.

Please note, it is not required to make a donation to participate. This is a 100% voluntary thing. If you do not feel comfortable making a donation, you are not required to do so. You are welcome to participate without making a donation. If you feel like making a donation, any amount no matter how small is acceptable. Again, this is 100% voluntary. My father's passing has been hard on me, and I thought this would be a nice way to honor is memory.

I'd like to thank John, Brian, David and the entire Forged Performance crew for hosting this BBQ, Meet and Dyno Day!!

I'd also like to thank all of our sponsors. A big thank you to ATS Racing, Lithia Toyota, EMS Powered and Forged Performance for their generous support of PDX MR2 2K11 FGK Memorial MR2 Meet. Without them, none of this would have been possible

There will be a raffle going on for prizes from the sponsors... Get on it