PDA

View Full Version : How are your tweeter covers held in place?

grifter30
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I have a couple of tweeter covers that look fine from the outside, but the tabs are broken off on the inside and therefore do not stay in place. I'm sure others have the problem.

So how do you keep yours in place? I'm trying to find a good solution to keeping mine in place without just gluing them in place.

Also, if anyone has tweeter covers for the front doors that they'd like to sell, I have good monies that I can send your way.

Thanks!

Galcobar
08-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Until I replaced mine, I jury-rigged a new post formed out of automotive Goop. Tried to shape it akin to the original, with the split bulge at the end. Worked pretty well.

MCcelica
08-17-2011, 09:15 PM
I put a bead of epoxy on the inside of the cover so it wouldn't squish out and look terrible even if I mashed it on. I mashed it on. My bead worked as "designed". Just hope I don't have to take them off.

grifter30
08-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I know I'll want to replace the tweeters in there, along with most everything else audio related, at some point. So I'm just looking for a solution that will get me by and keep my covers from flying off when I shut my car door. I may try a couple of different ways to build some tabs that may hold reasonably well. We'll see what I can come up with.

Hookecho
08-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I used a screw.

celica9303
08-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I think my covers are in the backseat somewhere......got tired of screwing with em so I just left em off till I buy new ones

DudeMan
08-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Mine have always been held down by some kind of adhesive..

grimmythereaper
08-18-2011, 01:20 AM
my car didnt come with weeter covers so i dremeled a hole into the mirror screw cover and put them in that