PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! (I was at the 2011 Ogopogo run!!)

2ZZJay
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
My name is Joe.

Brief history:

My family have been driving Toyota vehicles since i was 5 years old.

The '88 AE92 (Corolla GT-S) we had to finally get rid of it May 2011 because the body was just to rusted out. Could not be fixed it was an east coast car. The car had 520,000 km no rebuilt.

So we got a '00 Celica GT-S to replace the AE92.

So this is my first summer with the car, still not use to it yet. Can't drive it as well as the AE92, since i been driving that since i was 16!!

I was the only 7th Gen at this years Ogopogo run!! I guess the 7th gen don't like coming out to these events?

Have a great day!!

WALKER
08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
It was great to meet you this weekend Joe! Sorry we had to leave you behind on the drive back, we just couldn't keep our turbos quiet!

I believe you are the first 7th Gen to make it to an Ogopogo event! Congrats on having that honour!

I think you still have Jeremy's walkie talkie, I'm sure he will get in touch with you to meet up.

2ZZJay
08-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Yup i still have it.. If you can get him to pm me on here. Or i can drop it of another time if you are doing wing nights, or something like.
But yup i will be buying myself my own walkies today probably. So i will be prepared for next time!

I just kept getting stuck behind the annoying AB drivers that wont less you pass, and all the trucks. I did try to catch up at one point . But after a while i gave up since i was losing radio signal and didn't want to get pulled over a second time lol..

trialsmaster2
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
It was nice to meet you, Joe. We hope you can make it to future Run Of The Ogopogo meets too!

sloceli
08-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Welcome Joe make yourself at home. Learn how to keep your car in lift and you'll be faster than a stock 5th gen GT4.

Hookecho
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Welcome!

2ZZJay
08-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Welcome Joe make yourself at home. Learn how to keep your car in lift and you'll be faster than a stock 5th gen GT4.

My clutch needs to be replaced soon so i was trying not to use lift to much!!