PDA

View Full Version : BMW Audio wiring

david in germany
08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Be glad you are not trying to set up a new deck in a BMW...
Toyota is such a breeze, buy adapter, wire it up, done.

Bmw, Buy adapter, hook it up, no power, remove find power, connect it back up, shut down car, loose all presets, get pissed off, install stock deck.

Remove stock deck finally find a constant power at fuse box that doesn't go into power save mode in 20 minutes so you loose presets, rewire. Use for a day or so and get irritated that it only works with ignition on and after 3 hours (found a "key in" power source at the clutch pedal)

Well at least the BMW now has USB, Bluetooth, Ipod control all in one nice little deck.

alltracNyx
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
This makes me so happy that I no longer work at a shop.

METDeath
08-08-2011, 07:01 PM
What deck did you end up going with?

david in germany
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
What deck did you end up going with?

Alpine European CDE-126bt

The Captain
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Be glad you are not trying to set up a new deck in a BMW...
Toyota is such a breeze, buy adapter, wire it up, done.

Bmw, Buy adapter, hook it up, no power, remove find power, connect it back up, shut down car, loose all presets, get pissed off, install stock deck.

Remove stock deck finally find a constant power at fuse box that doesn't go into power save mode in 20 minutes so you loose presets, rewire. Use for a day or so and get irritated that it only works with ignition on and after 3 hours (found a "key in" power source at the clutch pedal)

Well at least the BMW now has USB, Bluetooth, Ipod control all in one nice little deck.

All I heard was, I own a BMW and it sucks to be you.

david in germany
08-08-2011, 07:55 PM
All I heard was, I own a BMW and it sucks to be you.

LOL Cliff notes, I own 2 BMW... Ok the bank owns half of one of them. ;)

The Captain
08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
LOLz!

grimmythereaper
08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
i hated working on bmws when i worked at mobile one

METDeath
08-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Ugh... not a fan of front facing USB connections... they just don't ever look like clean to me.

david in germany
08-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Ugh... not a fan of front facing USB connections... they just don't ever look like clean to me.
Mine will stay capped. I needed the ipod connection that was in the back. The only way I would use it is if I had one of those micro usb stcks.

Like this http://preisvergleich.getprice.de/pics/large/260800.jpg